Turtles and Stingrays?

Payd

We are looking at an excursion to snorkel with the turtles. I did read a post where someone said that they snorkeled with turtles and a few stingrays came around.

While I would love to swim with both, our daughter is scared to death of the stingrays. She tried in Grand Cayman and was so scared she was close to hysterical. So when I asked about swimming with turtles...her first question was about stingrays.

Are they commonly in these areas. Please share your experience. Just want to know in advance so that she is prepared not to get in the water.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

• 2 weeks later...
We are looking at an excursion to snorkel with the turtles. I did read a post where someone said that they snorkeled with turtles and a few stingrays came around.

While I would love to swim with both, our daughter is scared to death of the stingrays. She tried in Grand Cayman and was so scared she was close to hysterical. So when I asked about swimming with turtles...her first question was about stingrays.

Are they commonly in these areas. Please share your experience. Just want to know in advance so that she is prepared not to get in the water.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hi there, Co-incidentally, we were on a private catamaran ride in Barbados on Feb 29th - the day of your post. We really enjoyed swimming with the turtles and I did not see any stingrays around... just a few fish. :)

i have done both the stingray snorkel and the turtle snorkel, and i understand your daughters reaction to the stingrays. if you've never seen them before, they can be a bit intimidating. the turtles are a completely different experience. they do not approach you the way the stingrays do as the stingrays think you might have food. The turtles are a great experience to have with children. There were 2 families on our turtle snorkel trip with children, and from what i could see, everyone was having a great time.

Archived