Old School vs New School Radio Question

WYTinman

I have no idea which forum I should post this. I decided I might as well use the forum for the cruise line I'm using.

I am a baseball fan and love listening to the games on radio.

With the advent of satallite radio I've been in Hog Heaven. I'm going on a TA and don't expect to be able to access the signal for the whole trip.

I also am old enough to still have a portable short-wave radio. Yes they still broadcast baseball over SW!

Has anyone used XM or SW across the Atlantic? My fear is the metal in the ship will disrupt the SW signal and the distance away from the US will drop the XM signal.

If it looks like it won't work I'll leave both at home. If one will work over the other I'd rather just take one, than both just to experiment.

I know that this an off the wall question..But it's better than... How can I not pay my DSC... I should sue NCL because I missed my ship...or the food ruined my whole vacation.

Thanks in advance.

We got a very weak signal (kept on fading in and out) to listen to the Stanley Cup on Sirius. Upon leaving, the signal immediately got better.

We strung the antenna on the balcony but it worked better whe we went to the aft pool bar.

We got a very weak signal (kept on fading in and out) to listen to the Stanley Cup on Sirius. Upon leaving, the signal immediately got better.

We strung the antenna on the balcony but it worked better whe we went to the aft pool bar.

I found that many things always seem better at the pool bar. : )

We always bring our SIRIUS boom box and usually have reception 90% of the time. We have however only cruised in the Caribbean and the Bahams.

We usually connect the antenea on the balcony railing with wire ties.

Archived