Steakhouse reservations

kirasmom

i heard that a lotta times the steakhouse is almost empty, is this true? I've never gone, is it worth it? My hub and i were thinkin about goin 4 r anniversary, but we've heard mixed reviews. We're still in r 20's, would we fit in? Would a guy really have 2 wear a jacket? is the atmoshere a bit stuffy? or r we jsut better off goin 2 the dining room? My hub likes big cuts off steak, normally he just orders double in the MDR. Sorry for all the ?'s,

I booked thru the Carnival site about a month ago. I never heard anything back. Should I rebook or be concerned? Our ship is about full. We sail 3/17 on Dream, and I am afraid if I wait, it will be full.

Hi. I already booked our steakhouse reservation through the Carnival site in our manage our cruise plan activites section. I wanted to choose a specific date and time, and wanted to get that booking. I got an e-mail from a Carnival agent within a couple of days saying they have our reservation all set up for us. I would inquire about your reservation again to be on the safe side?

i heard that a lotta times the steakhouse is almost empty, is this true? I've never gone, is it worth it? My hub and i were thinkin about goin 4 r anniversary, but we've heard mixed reviews. We're still in r 20's, would we fit in? Would a guy really have 2 wear a jacket? is the atmoshere a bit stuffy? or r we jsut better off goin 2 the dining room? My hub likes big cuts off steak, normally he just orders double in the MDR. Sorry for all the ?'s,

If you like steak a great place for dinner. Jackeet not necessary. You will fit in fine not to worry you are on a cruise

If you like steak a great place for dinner. Jackeet not necessary. You will fit in fine not to worry you are on a cruise

Just a tiny add on. No jacket needed as long as you don't go on elegant night I believe. If I'm wrong it won't be the 1st time but I think the steak houses do enforce the formal dress on elegant nights

I wouldn't count on the steakhouse being empty or that you will definitely be able to get the reservation you want once you board...

The night we were there every table was filled and when we tried to book for another night a large party had booked most of room.

booked Conquest for August, for the first night for the free bottle of wine, never tried the steakhouse b4! Booked and got confirmation next day! Just have to log in on Carnival site .

But can you book reservation prior to final payment being made?

Yes you can reserve for the steakhouse before final payment is made. We are doing that this year. Have reservations already and final payment for us isn't due for a few months. We sail in August on Magic. Will be the first time in steakhouse for us.

So can you usually find an opening if you don't prebook. In all of our cruises we have never ate at one , never has really interested us. We are going on the Liberty in Nov. We are sailing with an old Cruise friend he has suggested he would like to do this some night , not real sure what night will work. Kind of figured we will just book last minute , or after we board , I always see them set up around the ship taking reservations. Any Input.

So can you usually find an opening if you don't prebook. In all of our cruises we have never ate at one , never has really interested us. We are going on the Liberty in Nov. We are sailing with an old Cruise friend he has suggested he would like to do this some night , not real sure what night will work. Kind of figured we will just book last minute , or after we board , I always see them set up around the ship taking reservations. Any Input.

This past week we had to change Steakhouse reservation from Wed due to illness. We were told on Wed that Friday was completely sold out, and if we still wanted to do Steakhouse, we would have to do Thursday. Thursday when we did go was about half full.

So it all depends on availability, for your ship, whether you can 'walk in' or need advance reservations

Archived