Geoff's Caye Beach Break

lukesmom

Looking at doing this through Island Marketing - has anyone done this before. Would it be good for 2 kids age 6 and 9 who like to play at the beach? thanks

My three kids (ages 6, 10, 13) all love Goff's Caye. It is a slice of heaven, IMO. One of my favorite places on earth! We booked through Island Marketing (the tour is actually ran by ecotoursbelize.com) and the transaction went flawlessly. We arrived at Belize at about 8:45, checked in, paid the balance due in cash (credit cards are accepted but you will also pay a foreign transaction fee) and left for Goff's Caye at 9:30. It's about a 30 minute ride to the Caye. Once at the island, you get off the boat and are allowed about 15-20 minutes to change, etc. before returning to the boat for the snorkeling at the reef. We chose to stay on the island because it was very windy with rough waters...but the guide later said the snorkeling was nice because they were on the inside of the reef where the water was calmer. This was also our second time on this tour, so we knew what we were missing staying on the island. We snorkeling from the beach and saw many fish, interesting coral and even a baby stingray hiding in the sand. Someone else nearby saw a full sized (maybe mamma) stingray.

The beach is sandy and our youngest loved playing there where the water was calm and warm. There's no drop off, so we were able to walk out quite a ways.

It's a beautiful, unique experience. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed. However, the ride to the island can be bumpy and not for those who have mobility problems as it may be difficult (big step up) to get in and out of the boat.

View of the island from where we snorkeled

DSCF1249-1.jpg

Baby Stingray

DSCF1246.jpg

The boat that brought us to the island and dock at Goff's

DSCF0992.jpg

The Beach at Goff's with dock in the background

DSCF0997.jpg

Snorkeling off the beach at Goff's

DSCF1229.jpg

GOGOGOGOGOGOGO! It was one the best excursions we have ever taken. Loved every minute of it. It is so shallow too for the kids and sandy on the bottom. It will be perfect for you. Don't miss this chance to go!

• 3 weeks later...

Done this.....absolutely beautiful.....

Great sand, warm water, snorkeling was OK.....not fantastic, BUT definately worth the trip.

I have been to Bannister caye, Caye Caulker, and Geoff's caye, and Geoff's is the best.

this looks beautiful! Do you book it through the cruise lines or independently?

We booked through an independent company. I believe we booked through Coral Breeze.

I rarely book through CCL.

We did Bannister island beach break through the ship. It has a few more facilities, food, drinks, chairs.

Excellent pictures!

We also booked this one through CCL. The snorkeling wasn't any better than Geoff's caye IMHO, but the sand was much better at Geoffs caye, plus you could walk out in calmer waters at Geoff's Caye.

And TXSAIL is correct, there are better facilities at Bansiter caye...but I don't go for the view of the porcelain..:D

Archived