Westin Diplomat Hollywood, FL

gelo7

Got this hotel on Hotwire for pre and post cruise stay. This hotel does not offer a shuttle service. What is the most convenient and/or cost effective way for a family of 5 to get to hotel from FLL and to Port Canaveral?

First, I assume you mean Port Everglades, as Port Canaveral is a couple hundred miles north. I would arrange a minivan taxi to take you both ways. Yellow cab is 954-777-7777. You can call them and ask how you can arrange a minivan. A normal cab would be easy to grab at the airport, but the van's are more hit and miss.

Alternatively, you can arrange a shuttle with a service like http://www.ridesas.com or http://www.floridalimo.com but you will likely have to pay an exclusive use rate of about $90, which is more than double what a minivan taxi would be.

Got this hotel on Hotwire for pre and post cruise stay. This hotel does not offer a shuttle service. What is the most convenient and/or cost effective way for a family of 5 to get to hotel from FLL and to Port Canaveral?

Port Canaveral is about a 3 hour drive from Ft Lauderdale airport. If you are sailing out of Pt Canaveral then FLL is the wrong airport to fly into.

If you are sailing out of Pt Everglades and staying at the Westin, you will need a van taxi. They are avaliable at the airport. When you are at the hotel and ready to go to your ship just ask the bellman to get a van taxi for you. It's easy.

First, I assume you mean Port Everglades, as Port Canaveral is a couple hundred miles north. I would arrange a minivan taxi to take you both ways. Yellow cab is 954-777-7777. You can call them and ask how you can arrange a minivan. A normal cab would be easy to grab at the airport, but the van's are more hit and miss.

Alternatively, you can arrange a shuttle with a service like www.ridesas.com or www.floridalimo.com but you will likely have to pay an exclusive use rate of about $90, which is more than double what a minivan taxi would be.

Thanks, I did mean Port Everglades.

I got a quote of about $90-100 to transport 9 of us by a private shuttle van service from the Diplomat to the Port. Since the typical taxi is $30 to the port we figured we would just grab a taxi. Much easier, even if we end up with 3 taxis due to any over-packers. :p One less thing to worry about.

Sheal

Archived