Wine in San Juan

Payd

We are going on our first cruise out of San Juan in about three weeks, and have a question about wine.

Normally when we depart from a US port we stop at a liqour store to pick a couple of bottles or a box of wine.

Is it possible to pick up bottles or a box of wine at the airport or cruiseport in San Juan.

Thanks in advance for your replies.:)

There is also a CVS down the street that has some wine, just head towards senor frogs and keep walking a little, we brought a bottle each when we first checked in then another when we got back on after we walked around OSJ. Since there is so much time to get on and off.

Two years ago this was our first port stop after we sailed out of Miami. If Carnival still docks in the same place as they did back then than there is a little store to your right just before you go onto the ship. My SIL and I got a bottle of wine, some Bailey's, a six-pack of Pepsi and some snacks just before went got back on the ship. We took them on in the white plastic bag that we got them in from the store. I thought they might not let us bring the alcohol on as I had read that you can only bring alcohol on if you embark the Ship in San Juan. No one said a word to us. We just put the bags on the belt to be scanned and they went right through. No hassle.

There is also a CVS down the street that has some wine, just head towards senor frogs and keep walking a little, we brought a bottle each when we first checked in then another when we got back on after we walked around OSJ. Since there is so much time to get on and off.

There were no questions? Did you have a "carryon" with you or just your CVS bag? Were they different check-in agents? I would think they would wonder. But this may be something I need to try if we decide to sail out of SJ...

Two years ago this was our first port stop after we sailed out of Miami. If Carnival still docks in the same place as they did back then than there is a little store to your right just before you go onto the ship. My SIL and I got a bottle of wine, some Bailey's, a six-pack of Pepsi and some snacks just before went got back on the ship. We took them on in the white plastic bag that we got them in from the store. I thought they might not let us bring the alcohol on as I had read that you can only bring alcohol on if you embark the Ship in San Juan. No one said a word to us. We just put the bags on the belt to be scanned and they went right through. No hassle.

Im shocked! Good for you tho! I have always had my liquor confiscated and delivered at the end of the cruise.

Archived