Celebrity Equinox Day 5 - and Dailies

rspro

Day 5 and we've earned another sea day! A leisurely breakfast at the buffet followed by several hours of book reading on the deck. Should I now workout or take a nap? Ok, the workout won. This time I plugged my iPod directly into the Life Fitness elliptical and was able to control the music directly from the touch screen console. I'm not sure why I didn't do it before. 70 minutes later, I feel I have earned a Bistro on 5 lunch so that's where we went again for a Caesar Salad with grilled Chicken.

Of course, the Day 5 Dailies and photos can be found at http://www.proszowski.com

Some more reading and relaxing after lunch, plus catching up on email. Internet access at sea is a tricky thing since it is dependent on the ship's satellite connection. With patience it will work eventually, just don't assume that a leisurely pace at sea doesn't apply to internet access as well.

Today, the main dining room had wonderful selections including parmesan meatballs and braised short ribs. After dinner, we went to see the show, the first production show given by the Celebrity singers, dancers and orchestra. Now let me take a step back and acknowledge that the question of the shows and show quality on a cruise ship are constantly debated in discussion threads. Here's my perspective: any show not costing me an extra $150 per person to see, not requiring me to drive and park and pay $25 for parking, doesn't require me to show up more than 5 minutes ahead of time, has a wide variety of seating available when you show up, has enthusiastic participants singing and dancing their hearts out, has dancers dancing in a straight line when walking at sea in a straight line may be a challenge.... well, all these make me appreciate the shows on a cruise right from the start. Needless to say, we enjoyed the show, and all the shows on the ship we attended.

An extra treat tonight after the show was an appearance again by a guest DJ who had the entire Quasar and foyer outside the Quasar rocking again. Too bad tomorrow is a port day.

I'm loving your reports and I am pouring over the Dailies since I am leaving in about 24 days. I can hardly wait. Thank you for doing this for all of us. I have one question. Do you remember if they offered Luggage Valet for disembarkation? Thanks again.

I'm loving your reports and I am pouring over the Dailies since I am leaving in about 24 days. I can hardly wait. Thank you for doing this for all of us. I have one question. Do you remember if they offered Luggage Valet for disembarkation? Thanks again.

Yes, luggage valet was definitely offered. We didn't take advantage of it so I can't comment on the service, but somewhere towards the end of the cruise an information sheet was left in our state room in case we wanted to sign-up.

I loved your opinion of the ship entertainment - some people do compare it to a broadway or Vegas show. You've shown us to appreciate the shows for what they are - free, comfortable seating put on by hard-working entertainers.

I'll be sad when your reviews come to an end :(

I loved your opinion of the ship entertainment - some people do compare it to a broadway or Vegas show. You've shown us to appreciate the shows for what they are - free, comfortable seating put on by hard-working entertainers.

I'll be sad when your reviews come to an end :(

I was thinking the same thing.Very nice when people appreciate what the entire crew does for our benefit.:)

Archived