Carryon

2geezers

You can carry as big as you want on to the ship, but it's yours to lug around until the cabins are ready. The size/weight limitations only come from the airlines.

You sure about that? I had thought that carry on luggage for cruises had to be able to fit through the scanner they use as you board the ship which is similar in size to the scanner airport security uses.

You sure about that? I had thought that carry on luggage for cruises had to be able to fit through the scanner they use as you board the ship which is similar in size to the scanner airport security uses.

TO GONZO70,

Good point !!

The "fine print" section in the 2012/13 Celebrity Brochures, doesn't lay out any size or weight restrictions (for carry-ons, or any other baggage for that matter) ... but like you said, I would imagine that it would have to fit thru the Scanners.

The one advantage here though is WEIGHT in my mind, one wouldn't be tied to the same restrictions that the airlines impose (probably what DESERT TRAVELER meant by their posting above)

And as stated, no matter what one brings aboard, there is the issue of having to "manage" it until the Cabins are available.

Mr Sloop and I carried aboard, 2 Daybags / Knapsacks (with our personal items & valuables) and one carry-on / overnight bag each. Sounds like a lot perhaps, but really isn't. The rolling carry-on and the overnight bag are a set, so stack easily / strap together (lol mostly stuff that is bulky / doesn't pack well... shoes, snorkeling equipment, etc. Plus bathing suits so we could hit the pool... and a change of clothes incase we had to "dress" for dinner before our checked baggage arrived) ... the knapsacks we just threw over our shoulders.

Cheers!

Archived