Waitlist for MDR...

kornuttle

If you're booking a last minute cruise, when selecting your "dining option" and it has a waitlist for the option you prefer what exactly does this mean? Do you usually get the choice you prefer? I am looking at booking a friend last minute for the cruise we are going on and all of the MDR dining options have a waitlist. Any of you out there have any info on this for me? Please and thank you!

Waitlisted means they are already book for the option you selected. When u board they will let you know which option you received. If its not what you prefer go see the Matre'd (sp?).

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

If you're booking a last minute cruise, when selecting your "dining option" and it has a waitlist for the option you prefer what exactly does this mean? Do you usually get the choice you prefer? I am looking at booking a friend last minute for the cruise we are going on and all of the MDR dining options have a waitlist. Any of you out there have any info on this for me? Please and thank you!

its exactly what is says your on a waiting list for those times.We were only waitlist once and I think we got an email confirming our early seating .Its not really a big deal , a trip to visit the maitre D the first day will fix any dining troubles you have

Ah gotcha...so as far as booking goes the MDR is filled, but of course not everyone eats in the MDR every evening so its just a cautionary detail, yes? Thanks again! I will check with the Maitre D first thing so we can hopefully sit as a group!

Ah gotcha...so as far as booking goes the MDR is filled, but of course not everyone eats in the MDR every evening so its just a cautionary detail, yes? Thanks again! I will check with the Maitre D first thing so we can hopefully sit as a group!

you will be able to be sat together ,I have never heard of family/friends being split up

Great, thank you! I was just concerned seeing the waitlist as the only dining option because we are booking them so much later than we had booked, I didn't know if sitting together would be an option.

I thought the reason they waitlist is because they want to have the freedom of waiting til the last minute to make changes to their seating charts. I say this because it seems like every year we cruise that we are seated with families with teenagers because we have a 16-yr DS. I think maybe if this isn't the real reason it may be one of the reasons. One time we were given a table no. (but now I think this was on Costa) and then when we got to our cabin on the first day of the cruise they had a note in there that said we had been switched to another table. When we went to dinner that night we were glad to sit with another family that had a teen. :D I think this makes sense. I don't think it's a coincident that we have been seated every cruise with families that have kids the same age as ours. We have been cruising with the DS since he was 9 and everytime we are seated with other families with kids the same age as our DS. I personally think this is great as my DS has made some great friends at dinner over the years. He is still in contact on Facebook with a kid he met from England on his first spring break cruise when he was 9.:D

That does make sense! Putting cruisers with similar demographics together probably makes for happier dining situations! (well, I am sure they are hoping!) Can't please 'em all! As long as I get sat with my group I will be happy, and can't wait to meet fellow cruisers/tablemates! Always welcome new friends! That's my favorite part of cruising...well one of them! :rolleyes:

Call carnival and get both reservations linked together...this way they know ahead of time you want to sit together and if you are platinum they will automatically get whatever you choose.

Archived