Ryndam : Privacy Curtain?

taszmom

Does anyone know if the staterooms have privacy curtains between bed & sofa? I see the picture of the o/v room has a curtain, but is it just decorative?

We've always wondered why it wasn't made functional -- instead of decorative.

At Xmas on the Zaandam, our curtain came just about all of the way across leaving only a space of about 12 inches. I used it a lot as I wasn`t well for part of the cruise. We were in a cat. A cabin............jean :cool:

Echo the above -- been in Category A and B on the Zaandam (verandah suites) and the curtain pulls much of the way across which we really appreciated -- just as a separation of spaces or a way to keep our windows uncovered to know when the sun comes up yet not have the direct sunlight in our eyes first thing in the morning. In oceanview cabins, however, our experience, on more than one HAL ship, has been that the curtains are just for decoration and are not really functional.

There always is a functional curtain, however, between the hallway that has the closets on one side and the bath on the other. This curtain separates the hallway from the rest of the cabin -- a nice privacy touch -- especially if you travel with friends.

I think the Zaandam is the only ship that has the almost full privacy curtain between the beds and the seating area.

I do know for a fact that on the Veendam, Volendam, Rotterdam, and Ryndam that it is only a decorative curtain as we have been in both A & B's on these ships.

Archived