Atlantis during Spring Break? Anyone been there?

minimom5

Atlantis is one of the options that our family (2 adults, 2 kids ages 7 & 9) is considering for our day in port (8am-6 pm). MY DH thinks it sounds amazing for a family and thinks the kids will love the waterpark and the aquariums (and I'm sure he's right) but I'm reluctant to go there because the end of March is still considered "spring break". The picture I have in my head is of an over-crowded, drunk-fest, "Girls Gone Wild" type of atmosphere. So..... if there is anyone out there who has been to Atlantis during spring break, we would love to hear about your experience there so that we can make a decision and move on to actually packing for this trip! Any and all info/advice/thoughts/ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Atlantis is one of the options that our family (2 adults, 2 kids ages 7 & 9) is considering for our day in port (8am-6 pm). MY DH thinks it sounds amazing for a family and thinks the kids will love the waterpark and the aquariums (and I'm sure he's right) but I'm reluctant to go there because the end of March is still considered "spring break". The picture I have in my head is of an over-crowded, drunk-fest, "Girls Gone Wild" type of atmosphere. So..... if there is anyone out there who has been to Atlantis during spring break, we would love to hear about your experience there so that we can make a decision and move on to actually packing for this trip! Any and all info/advice/thoughts/ideas will be greatly appreciated!

The waterpark WOULD BE amazing if you weren't standing on line for hours with a bunch of loud drunk kids.

Atlantis is overcrowded, over packed and can be out of control during spring break weeks.

The picture in your head is nearly correct. Security doesn't allow topless on the grounds.. except for the CAIN pool

Maybe DH is looking to recapture his youth.. lol..

Good luck.

BTW.. if you are thinking of Atlantis. Uless you are buying passes thru the cruise ship, you may need to either book thru majestictoursbahamas or book a room at atlantis or comfort suites.

Spring break weeks are oftentimes blacked out at the front desk. No passes sold on those days due to over crowding.

DH still thinks he needs to see Atlantis at least once in his lifetime.......I'm just not so sure that March is the time to do it. He seems to think that the spring breakers will be gone by the time we get there ( the actual date that we'll be in port is 3/29/2012). What is your opinion?

DH still thinks he needs to see Atlantis at least once in his lifetime.......I'm just not so sure that March is the time to do it. He seems to think that the spring breakers will be gone by the time we get there ( the actual date that we'll be in port is 3/29/2012). What is your opinion?

Personally .. i wouldn't chance it. It your kids are off.. then so are a million or 2 others.

As for breakers. They may not be out in full force, but they will be there..

I'm not sure I agree with you hubby that atlantis has to been seen once in a lifetime.. it's really not all that.

I'm leaving town this weekend and won't be back til after easter breaks are over. I'm done with all this foolishness on the island.

Archived