Fun Party Lights

"Wandering Wino's&quo

We are cruising the Mexican Riveria on the Oosterdam, October 22nd with a group of five couples. Thank you, thank you, thank you, we all got S suites next to each other, so we are planning on having a few pre-dinner cocktail parties in our suites. :D

I found some great Party Lights on Ebay. Cruise Ships, Margarita Glasses and Chilli Peppers lights. Each couple is putting together goodies bags to give out and I thought these lights would be a fun addition. If anyone would like more information where I found them let me know. Shirley :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I saw your post and wanted to provide an alternative location for ordering flashing jewelry in case they can't be found on E-bay:

www.wear-flashing-jewelry.com/

I have ordered flashing jewelry from Matt two times at this site and have been very pleased (once I ordered the wrong size batteries - they don't last a really long time on a 7 day or longer cruise - and he let went ahead and sent me the correct ones).

I was able to pay him by PayPal and he shipped pretty quickly and has a very large selection and the prices are reasonable.

Hope this helps,

TeddyTexas

Hi!

I saw your post and wanted to provide an alternative location for ordering flashing jewelry in case they can't be found on E-bay:

www.wear-flashing-jewelry.com/

I have ordered flashing jewelry from Matt two times at this site and have been very pleased (once I ordered the wrong size batteries - they don't last a really long time on a 7 day or longer cruise - and he let went ahead and sent me the correct ones).

I was able to pay him by PayPal and he shipped pretty quickly and has a very large selection and the prices are reasonable.

Hope this helps,

TeddyTexas

Teddy thanks for the information on the fun jewelry. You always learn so much on these boards, a real source of great information and stuff.

I love your Sting Ray, so cute.

dolphin-jumping

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought Martinin Glass ones at our local Party Store yesterday. They were on sale for $7.50. I actually bought them for our deck here at home, but now I may just throw them in my suitcase for the Cruise...Great Idea!!!

Ollie:)

Hi Shirley,

I would love to know where to find these lights. They sound perfect!!!

Thanks

Kim

Kim, I will be back home next Saturday, returning from Palm Springs and will give you the names of the ebay sellers that I found that had cute party lights. I got several strands of lights that look like cruise ships and some like Margurita Glasses and chilli pepper lights (we are doing the Mexican Riviera). You can go on ebay and put party lights or patio lights in the search area and it should come up with some good ideas. Shirley

This will be our first cruise with a balcony. How are you attaching the lights? Are you using duct tape or the clear packing tape to hold the lights? Also do they sell battery operated, or will I have to bring the extenstion cord and power strip?

Thanks in advance!

This will be our first cruise with a balcony. How are you attaching the lights? Are you using duct tape or the clear packing tape to hold the lights? Also do they sell battery operated, or will I have to bring the extenstion cord and power strip?

Thanks in advance!

dolphin-jumping

Hi Creole Girl, just returned from Palm Springs and saw your questions regarding the Party Lights.

Yes to bringing extenstion cords and even a power strip. I'm planning on using 3M Mini Hooks, according to the package: "Holds on strongly, Comes off Cleanly and No surface damage." I am going to experment with them before we leave, I know that 3M have several products that might do the trick. If anyone else has any ideas please let us know. Shirley:cool:

dolphin-jumping

Hi Folks.

I have wired up our balcony a few times to date. I bring a few 9' extension cords and a power strip. To attach lights to the structure, I use white electrical tape which holds it well and leaves no visual tape residue. I typically use 3 - 100 light strand of christmas mini lights. Looks great for our aft balcony parties.

Enjoy!

Hi Folks.

I have wired up our balcony a few times to date. I bring a few 9' extension cords and a power strip. To attach lights to the structure, I use white electrical tape which holds it well and leaves no visual tape residue. I typically use 3 - 100 light strand of christmas mini lights. Looks great for our aft balcony parties.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the great ideas, I'm sure that the electrical tape is less expensive then the 3M hooks. We have party lights in the shapes of Margurita Glasses, Chili Peppers and Cruise Ships for our Mexican Riviera Cruise. Since we have 5 suites together it should really look like a party. Thanks again for sharing with us. Shirley :)

• 1 month later...
We are cruising the Mexican Riveria on the Oosterdam' date=' October 22nd with a group of five couples. Thank you, thank you, thank you, we all got S suites next to each other, so we are planning on having a few pre-dinner cocktail parties in our suites. :D

I found some great Party Lights on Ebay. Cruise Ships, Margarita Glasses and Chilli Peppers lights. Each couple is putting together goodies bags to give out and I thought these lights would be a fun addition. If anyone would like more information where I found them let me know. Shirley :) [/font']

Are these party lights strung lights (like Christmas lights)? If so, is there a plug on the balcony???

We just had a lengthy discussion about this over on the Princess Board.

You are NOT going to string these lights across your balcony are you???????? :eek: I'm sure you'll want to put them up in the different suites each night, so that you can enjoy them in whichever suite you are each night.

"Tacky" was one of the words frequently used in the other thread!:rolleyes: A few other choice words came up, too.

Are these party lights strung lights (like Christmas lights)? If so, is there a plug on the balcony???

As far as I know there are no plugs on the balcony, so an extention cord is helpful. Yes the lights are strung like christmas lights. I'm not sure why the person that posted after you think that it would look tacky to put them on your balcony, but everyone to there own. We are planing on having them so they are tastefully placed on the balcony so not to offend anyone. This is a cruise and a party! Enjoy and have fun!:)

Our upcoming cruise in February will be our first with a balcony and our first cruise longer than 7 nights (14 night Panama Canal cruise). I would like to try the lights as well, is this ok with Celebrity? I wouldn't want to bring them along if they violate any rules. I think it would make our balcony even more special to us.

Thanks for any input!

shirley, just wanted to say your screen name is the BEST!

kevinsac..... I re-read the OP....I don't believe she asked what you or others from another thread felt about balcony lights... only providing information as to where they can be purchased. Perhaps you misread the post?;)

carol

Carol....you are absolutely correct: Shirley did not ask my opinion. :( She wanted info.............and I gave info about what I thought. I've never been shy to say what I think.:rolleyes:

Maybe it depends on the cruise line, who does what. Over on the Princess board, the following discussion ensued:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=201259

shirley, just wanted to say your screen name is the BEST!

kevinsac..... I re-read the OP....I don't believe she asked what you or others from another thread felt about balcony lights... only providing information as to where they can be purchased. Perhaps you misread the post?;)

carol

Carol, thanks for your comment on my screen name. My husband and I enjoy tasting wine and we have been lucky enough to have traveled to some of the wine capital's of the world. Of couse since we live in California we really don't have to go very far to enjoy wonderful wines. Shirley :)

Hi everyone, I have read on cruise critic about these lights on balconies before and I thought everyone said before my last cruise that the lights are not allowed on your balconies and they were made to take them back down. I have lights that would be really cute too, is there anyone here who has used the lights recently on Carnivals ships?

hey wino, yep a wine lover myself... although in NY all I have is fingerlakes. NOT comparable to the california's but some nice ones anyway. (NY reds are just soso) IMHO. What's your favorites.... not to thread hijack or anything..:D

okay kevin, I give in after reading the posts... I'm a female so here comes the BUT....no one on the ship will see it but those in the cabin... so why bother to be bothered? it's not tacky if you can't see it:D Thats why I got a bit snarky for your suggesting what others will think.

you should see what I do for halloween and the kids birthdays ;)

I guess I'm a tacky over decorator myself, who lacks proper princess balcony manners. I guess I'll have to sign up for several cruises untill I get it right. You'll be able to spot me a mile away:D

I say bring on the party lights..... okay, done poking fun at you kev. I hope you can take a bit of ribbing. but thanks for providing the info though, never would have figured it would bother others... thanks!

okay kevin, I give in after reading the posts... I'm a female so here comes the BUT....no one on the ship will see it but those in the cabin... so why bother to be bothered? it's not tacky if you can't see it:D Thats why I got a bit snarky for your suggesting what others will think.

you should see what I do for halloween and the kids birthdays ;)

I guess I'm a tacky over decorator myself, who lacks proper princess balcony manners. I guess I'll have to sign up for several cruises untill I get it right. You'll be able to spot me a mile away:D

I say bring on the party lights..... okay, done poking fun at you kev. I hope you can take a bit of ribbing. but thanks for providing the info though, never would have figured it would bother others... thanks!

Well I decided since I already ordered my cute lil cruise ship lights that I will be putting them up, if they say we have to take them down I will but I think they're adorable and my boyfriend liked them as well. As you said, they are for OUR enjoyment, so I shall enjoy them :)

hey wino, yep a wine lover myself... although in NY all I have is fingerlakes. NOT comparable to the california's but some nice ones anyway. (NY reds are just soso) IMHO. What's your favorites.... not to thread hijack or anything..:D

There are so many hardly know where to begin. I promise tomorrow I will put together a list of some of our favorites and post them on this tread. Wine, Party Lights I think they go together rather well. Shirley

There are so many hardly know where to begin. I promise tomorrow I will put together a list of some of our favorites and post them on this tread. Wine' date=' Party Lights I think they go together rather well. Shirley[/color']

Any party lights look better when you are drinking wine :)

We brought battery operated palm tree lights on the Carnival Miracle last summer and decorated our balcony with them. They were simply for our own enjoyment, and helped to create the fun, festive mood we wanted to foster on our vacation. When we entertained on our balcony at night, they added a party atmosphere without, in my opinion, being tacky.

balconysmall.JPG.83e96037a58cdc8a4de6b5cb690d314c.JPG

Archived