Cabin Decorations from Website

IrishLassie

I don't have an answer for you, but I am curious about this as well. My son turns 10 on our upcoming cruise and I am considering getting the decorations.

This may sound like a silly question, but do you just get the package and have to put up the decorations yourself or does the cabin steward do it?

I ordered the Bon Voyage decorations. When we got to our cabin they were already up..they looked nice ! At the end of the cruise we took them down and folded/packed them nicely and will use them on our next cruise coming up in September. The ones you see hanging from the ceiling are attached with little magnets as the ceiling is metal...very easy to put up and take down.

They may sound a bit cheesy, but they look very nice! We've ordered them as a surprise for birthdays & for anniversaries. The room is decroated before you step foot into it the first day. It's a great surprise.

I ordered the birthday cabin decorations and also a small cake- can't wait to see my DH's face when we walk into our cabin! :D Since I obviously couldn't surprise him with the cruise itself, at least i will have some surprise to spring on him...

I will be sure to post a review with lots of pics when I get back- leaving in 30 days!!! Woo-hoo!!

This is interesting, how could I buy this for my dad without him knowing about it. I don't want to put our booking number and his room number just to have the price added to our cruise/account.

When you order them online (or by calling) you will put his booking number & cabin number, but you will pay for them on your own at the time of the order (with a CC).

This is from the Gifts & Services site on Carnival.com:

"Please enter the booking information for the guest(s) to whom you would like to send the item:"

This is interesting, how could I buy this for my dad without him knowing about it. I don't want to put our booking number and his room number just to have the price added to our cruise/account.

I ordered it right from the Carnival website- had to pay up front with my credit card. So- your dad won't need to know! ;)

I got my hubby the bday decorations on our last cruise. They were adorable. A bit too much for an inside cabin, I ended up taking it down a few days in to the cruise. I took them home because they're very cute for birthday decorations at home.

I had our cabin decorated for DDs bday last yr and we loved it. Not cheesy like the anniversary decorations from Carnival 10+ yrs ago on our first carnival cruise.

I have pics. Will try to load them here tomorow.

We also put added a bit of it to our door decorations. DD insisted that we pack them ever so carefully to take them home as well.

I ordered room decorations for our upcoming cruise on the Pride in April, for our 13 year old daughter. It's her first cruise. :D Also ordered the chocolate covered strawberries for the first night. Hoping she LOVES it!!!! :D

I am having issues uploading the best pics of the decorations...:mad:

We also had the choc covered strawberries and the cake...both were fabulous. Will upload those pics...well I will try ;););)

I have to say that I was highly impressed with the Legend and the personalization on her cake. The Imagination didn't add the personalization I had requested.

Here goes another attempt....

031.jpg.1ce22e23f7d284ec061731a453fe7429.jpg

Here's our cabin decorated for our honeymoon:

DSC02228.jpg

DSC02225.jpg

DSC02223.jpg

It was awesome. We were so surprised (my sister had it done for us). :)

On our upcoming cruise, I got my sister's room decorated for her bday. I can't wait to see it! (In 7 days!) :D

I really debated about spending $35 on decorations vs just bringing my own, but I am so glad that I ordered them. They looked fantastic and I didn't have to figure out how to pack them, hang them without my son knowing about it, and worrying about my tape not sticking well enough, etc. Loved the ones hanging from the ceiling with the little magnets.

Even though my husband teased me about carefully packing them up to bring back home (hey, I paid $35 for those decorations! :) ) we have used them for three more birthdays since at home. They bring back nice memories of the cruise too!

Archived