Waikiki Trolley

TWOFERTWO

Has anyone taken this trolley? I was wondering how crowed it got. There are four of us and it doesn't look like it seats that many. The schedule is only every twenty minutes or so, just seems that here might be a chance of all of us not getting on at some pickups?

We are thinking of this as our means of seeing Waikiki from Aloha Tower. We are coming in April, with an overnight in port.

Thanks for any help!

Has anyone taken this trolley? I was wondering how crowed it got. There are four of us and it doesn't look like it seats that many. The schedule is only every twenty minutes or so, just seems that here might be a chance of all of us not getting on at some pickups?

We are thinking of this as our means of seeing Waikiki from Aloha Tower. We are coming in April, with an overnight in port.

Thanks for any help!

The crowds in Honolulu and Waikiki wouldn't be too bad in comparison to the high seasons of summer vacation and winter surf months. But the trolley does fill up fast but you shouldn't have too much problem with 4 people. If you see that all of you won't be able to get on one, just wait for the next and you'll be guaranteed a spot on the next one. They do come by pretty quickly. While waiting for one, just stop in any one of the million ABC Stores that is sure to be no more 15 feet away at any given moment. Great place to pick inexpensive souveniers or to grab any sundries that you may need.

The crowds in Honolulu and Waikiki wouldn't be too bad in comparison to the high seasons of summer vacation and winter surf months. But the trolley does fill up fast but you shouldn't have too much problem with 4 people. If you see that all of you won't be able to get on one, just wait for the next and you'll be guaranteed a spot on the next one. They do come by pretty quickly. While waiting for one, just stop in any one of the million ABC Stores that is sure to be no more 15 feet away at any given moment. Great place to pick inexpensive souveniers or to grab any sundries that you may need.

.......ABC stores.....funny! They sure are.

Thanks for the fast reply. We are going to get the pass on line. Just have to get from the dock to one of the two pass pick-up points. Ah, another adventure! :rolleyes: Good that we have an over-night stop! :eek:

Why not just take The Bus?

If all you wanted to do, was go to one place and return, then the bus might be the best choice. If you wanted to go all over Wiakiki and see the sights, then I think this is the best choice, IMHO.

The bus cost$2.50 each way, although you can get a transfer. The rate for a 3 line, one day, Trolley pass, is $25 adult, $15 for child, and $20 for Senior. You also get a free extra consectutive day ticket. We are cruising this April, with an overnight in Honolulu.

The Trolley suites our needs, as there will be four seniors. :)

Thanks beachsea&sail, I didn't give any thought to Youtube. Great ride!

Happy I could help, Chuck. :) I found that video when I was researching the illicit hike on the stairs I saw a few weeks ago on Hawaii 5-0:o. Strange what a Google search will bring you to. We`re not taking the hike while on Oahu, but I would LOVE to find that trolley driver while heading for sunset drinks at House Without A Key when I`m there on the Star in a few weeks.

Looks like our ships will be passing somewhere in the Pacific. Hope you have a fabulous trip! :cool:

Elissa

Archived