One more opinion, Scubagirrl?

minimom5

Thanks for all of the great advice you've given on these boards,scubagirrl! You have no idea how much we appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge of the island with us! So, here is another one.....thinking of doing the BCH day pass combined with a 2 hour snorkel trip w/Blue Hole Watersports. We are 2 adults & 2 kids (7 &9) . Can you tell me how long the walk is from the port to the Hilton and is it a safe walk? Also, can you tell me anything about Blue Hole Watersports? Are they reliable in your opinion and would this be a good tour for kids to go on? (They are very comfortable with water and boating) How far are they located from the Hilton? Do you think this would be a good way to spend our 1 day in Nassau? Thanks!

Thanks for all of the great advice you've given on these boards,scubagirrl! You have no idea how much we appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge of the island with us! So, here is another one.....thinking of doing the BCH day pass combined with a 2 hour snorkel trip w/Blue Hole Watersports. We are 2 adults & 2 kids (7 &9) . Can you tell me how long the walk is from the port to the Hilton and is it a safe walk? Also, can you tell me anything about Blue Hole Watersports? Are they reliable in your opinion and would this be a good tour for kids to go on? (They are very comfortable with water and boating) How far are they located from the Hilton? Do you think this would be a good way to spend our 1 day in Nassau? Thanks!

Blue hole water sports are located at the end of the wharf, right in front of senor frogs.. but to gain access, you have to enter the hilton (if you are not getting a pass, tell them you have a reservation with Blue hole.

basil is very reliable, and will somewhat tailor the day to your needs.. so with kids he's likely to take you to a more protected area so they don't have to struggle.

The walk is about 5 short blocks. 10 minutes at most.

Blue Hole is located on the pier.. just to the right of the beach.

Personally.. I think this is a good choice for you and your family.. not to get lost in the crazy crowd and to have a great family outing

I do think that you need to hurry up and choose before all the slots are gone for the things you are interested in. With 30,000 extra people in town.. things get booked up fast. You don't want to miss out because you've prograstinated too long

You're right; I know that I have to make a decision ASAP or I will be left with no choices. Can you tell me if the 10 min walk to BCH is a safe one to take with kids ? I am just afraid that the crowds and vendors are going to be overwhelming to us. We're small town folks and this will be our first experience in the Bahamas! We have no idea what to expect!

You're right; I know that I have to make a decision ASAP or I will be left with no choices. Can you tell me if the 10 min walk to BCH is a safe one to take with kids ? I am just afraid that the crowds and vendors are going to be overwhelming to us. We're small town folks and this will be our first experience in the Bahamas! We have no idea what to expect!

Yes, it's safe, people milling around and lots of police. The entire tourist corridor is policed during the daytime.

Hi Scubagirrl,

I am new to these boards but you seem to be very knowledgeable. This is our first cruise and our first trip to the Bahamas. We are going on the Carnival Sensation on April 8 heading into Freeport and Nassau. We are a family of 4 (2 kids ages 12 and 10). Looking for your suggestions on the best way to spend the day in Freeport and also Nassau. Also, is Blue Lagoon a must see?

Hi Scubagirrl,

I am new to these boards but you seem to be very knowledgeable. This is our first cruise and our first trip to the Bahamas. We are going on the Carnival Sensation on April 8 heading into Freeport and Nassau. We are a family of 4 (2 kids ages 12 and 10). Looking for your suggestions on the best way to spend the day in Freeport and also Nassau. Also, is Blue Lagoon a must see?

Since you are going easter week you may be locked out of many things.

Blue Lagoon is a fun day with kids, with dolphins and sealions to watch, but they book quickly and have limited space. So if that's what you are looking to do.. do it soon.

Tours will lbe jammed packed, but you probably knew that when you booked one of the busiest days of the year.

Look at

www.Flyingcloud.info

www.stuartcove.com

www.dolphinencounters.com

there's plenty of great info here on resort day passes.

I'd bet that Atlantis will be blacked out that week for passes, but the sheraton might be a good fit.

Thanks Scubagirrl. This is great information. Any suggestions for Freeport? I am wondering if it is safe to just explore on our own or is there a must see in Freeport?

Freeport docks in a commercial zone, there's nothing to do or see unless you grab a cab or shuttle to a destination.

Lucaya has a day pass. Junkanoo beach has a shuttle bus.

Freeport docks in a commercial zone, there's nothing to do or see unless you grab a cab or shuttle to a destination.

Lucaya has a day pass. Junkanoo beach has a shuttle bus.

I've been searching for more info on Junkanoo Beach in Freeport. It looks like a place we might be interested in but I'm having trouble finding some info. You mention a shuttle bus, is this from where we dock? Cost? Is there a cost to go to Junkanoo beach and/or expenses while there? Since we'll be going to the Sheraton in Nassau the next day I wasn't interested in the Lucaya passes but that doesn't mean I'm not open to spending some money. It seems like Junkanoo offers snorkeling and I wanted to do that for my husband. I think I read either $19 or $25?

Archived