? how far ahead do you have to book...

Book as early as possible, we've booked already, a month ago, in January for our cruise in August, from what i've heard, the ship is still empty as of then, because we are sailing when everyone's summer vacations are all ready done and over with and kids are going back to school, this is what the dude over the phone said, that we are sailing at a very unpopular time, WHICH I LOVE!!! The less people the better! More room for me! I'm trying to get my mother to book another cruise now for SUMMER 2013, on the NEW Carnival Breeze, the prices are mad cheap now, less then $1000 for a balcony room if we book now!

to get adjoining balcony cabins? just curious for the future! we booked in january for a april cruise and there wasnt much to choose from and no adjoining cabins avail.

Depending on cruise, location and time of year 6-12 months ahead.

we have booked 12 months out and the TA we use always shows more available cabins than the rci website I think TA's block book a certain amount of cabins so can show more availability I maybee wrong

Rules of this board don't allow us to say which sites to use. The best way is to call RCL directly and ask them since only they are able to see ALL available cabins. No other websites will actually show all available cabins since RCL only allows them to see what they want them to see. Same with every other cruise line. Don't want the competition to know too much info.

is there a specific other site?

Yes, there are but we're not allowed to mention them on cruise critic as I think most of them are TA's. However, if you Google "cruise ship cabin availability" there should be enough info for you to find what you are looking for.

to get adjoining balcony cabins? just curious for the future! we booked in january for a april cruise and there wasnt much to choose from and no adjoining cabins avail.

I assume you are talking about the Allure on April 15th. I did a quick check and cabins 14711 & 14713 are connecting balcony cabins and also you may want to consider cabins 8719 & 8721 not connecting but next to each other. Note that these cabins are not connecting ocean view but rather connecting balcony interior.

We booked 11-12 months on both cruises we wanted connecting rooms. Both times, the website did not show any connectings in the cat we wanted. Called and there were a lot to choose from. The longer you wait, the less likely you'll get the location, category you want and there may be no connectings available (or they may be for triples and won't let you book a double into it) Also, if you are traveling at school break times, the connectings seem to book up faster so book early.

I assume you are talking about the Allure on April 15th. I did a quick check and cabins 14711 & 14713 are connecting balcony cabins and also you may want to consider cabins 8719 & 8721 not connecting but next to each other. Note that these cabins are not connecting ocean view but rather connecting balcony interior.

thanks for that! i guess i should mention that ocean balcony is more important than connecting! at least this cruise (it's my first balcony)!

We booked 11-12 months on both cruises we wanted connecting rooms. Both times, the website did not show any connectings in the cat we wanted. Called and there were a lot to choose from. The longer you wait, the less likely you'll get the location, category you want and there may be no connectings available (or they may be for triples and won't let you book a double into it) Also, if you are traveling at school break times, the connectings seem to book up faster so book early.

yeah we need 2 triples! and i bet spring break has a lot to do with it! sadly i dont know that we will be ever be able to book a cruise any more advanced than 4-5 months out!

Archived