parades in New Orleans in March and April

HCTiger9704

For those who are going on a cruise out of New Orleans, you may want to be aware that there are parades, block parties and other type of celebrations for St. Patrick's Day (Irish events) and St. Joseph's Day (Italian events) during the months of March and early April. Some of the events are not on St. Patrick's Day and St. Joseph's Day. You might have to be prepared to take a new route to get to your cruiseship depending on what hotel you are staying at.

http://www.stpatricksdayneworleans.com/index.html This web-site has a good list for parades in Orleans Parish and Jefferson Parish. But the list only has events that deals with some of the Irish events, it does not have the Italian events and it does not have all the Irish events going on. Irish Network New Orleans also may be able to help you to know what Irish parades and block parties are going on.

I know the Irish Channel St. Patrick's Day Club, the club I belong too, has a pratice march on Friday March 10, 2012 and a parade on March 17, 2012. But most bars we stop at, we only stay for less than 30 minutes.

I know the Irish Channel St. Patrick's Day Club, the club I belong too, has a pratice march on Friday March 10, 2012 and a parade on March 17, 2012. But most bars we stop at, we only stay for less than 30 minutes.

Thanks we will be there on friday the 9th So is the practice on Friday or Sat as we board SAT mar 10th

Also we will be back on Sat the 17th any suggestions

Thanks we will be there on friday the 9th So is the practice on Friday or Sat as we board SAT mar 10th

Also we will be back on Sat the 17th any suggestions

My mistake. The Pratice March is on Friday, March 9th. I am also shaving my head for St. Baldrick's on March 10 so I had that on my mind.

The Irish Channel St. Patrick's Day Parade, which is uptown, is really fun. There are different marching clubs and floats. I have seen groups of all ages (young as one year old and as old as 98 years old) during this parade.

The Downtown Irish Parade is also fun.

My mistake. The Pratice March is on Friday, March 9th. I am also shaving my head for St. Baldrick's on March 10 so I had that on my mind.

The Irish Channel St. Patrick's Day Parade, which is uptown, is really fun. There are different marching clubs and floats. I have seen groups of all ages (young as one year old and as old as 98 years old) during this parade.

The Downtown Irish Parade is also fun.

OK Thanks

Archived