$$$ needed for Paradise Beach

cali-croozer

If the weather cooperates and the water toys are available, we'll be visiting Paradise Beach in June (family of 4 with 2 teen boys). Please tell me if I've left anything out:

Taxi--$12 or $13 each way

Admission--free

Wristband for kids, and us, if we decide to get off our ***---$5 each

Food and drink--price varies (any recommendations??)

What about deposits for water toys? How much and which ones require deposits?

Massage--$1 per minute???

Tattoos (not interested)

Anything else to buy there?????????

Thanx in advance.

You´ll need a refundable (provided you didn't lose any equipment!) $20 USD deposit for the snorkel equipment and a piece of ID for the kayaks.

Other stuff for sale/rent: jetskis, parasail, banana boat, bungee-trampoline ride, hair-braids, t-shirts, hats, silver and we'll have SNUBA by then as well!

Hasta la vista!

Hi Tom! We will be seeing you in Late May.......

#1) I heard it was $5 for the wristbands to enjoy the water activities such as the water trampoline, water iceburg, kayaks and or banana boats, and the floaty rafts....

2) Your beach chair, umbrella and such are free provided that you order drinks and or food.....

3) Hair braids and temporary tatoos are X-tra....My girls are gonna love that:D ...which are how much? Do they braid only a couple of strands or will they braid your entire head of hair if requested? (Girls are asking about the Bo Derek look.LOL!)

4) At lunchtime do we have to eat in the restaurant? Not I won't mind...the earlier post review was just lovely expressing how beatuiful the view; however I'm just concerned about loosing our beach chairs and such .

Sorry Tom i have a couple more questions....

1) How much are the wave runners and for how long? What are your requirements to ride this?

2) I unsterstood that snorkel equipment was included in the $5 wrist band water activites.....

3) Do we need to put a depoist down of any kind?

4) What goodies are you requesting lately from the US.....Perhaps school supplies, OV relish, Mini ravioli's?

According to Tom's post above......the snorkel equipment is included in the $5 wristband, but you need to put down a $20 deposit, refundable when you return the equipment. For the kayaks, you only need to give them an ID. Banana boat rides are NOT included; there's an extra charge for that (don't know how much).

1) Substitute full snorkel gear for the banana boat ride. BB rides are $12USD for 15 minutes.

2) Yes.

3) Tats start at $7USD and go up from there depending on size and intricacy. You can have as few or as many braids as you like! Prices depend on length and thickness of hair, # of rows, extras like flowers, special beads etc. Our girls will give you an estimate!

4) Nope. Actually most people enjoy their meals at their loungers!

Part 2.

1) $55USD/30min. You need to be at least 16 years old to drive.

2) & 3) See posts #2 and #6 above.

4) School supplies for the kids would be great...thanx for the generosity! Here's a post Karen made a while back...

Hi Kay,

You asked about school supply needs...here's the current list: White Out, highlighters, white pencil erasers (not the type ot put on pencils), pencil sharpeners, bicolor pencils (blue & red), colored pencils (boxes of 12), rulers (metric), blunt tipped scissors, color markers (boxes of 6-8) and geometry sets (prefer complete sets that include a protractor, compass, triangle and metric ruler). Backpacks are also needed. Current needs for basic and scientific calculators are being met by several donor groups, however, more could be used in the future. There is an ample supply of crayons, regular lead pencils and ink pens so these items are not needed at this time nor is binder/notebook paper. THANKS so much for your interest in supporting education for Cozumel's children. Even the smallest donation is greatly appreciated! ~~Karen

Have a great vacation!

cali-croozer...thanx for the answers!

We were at Paradise Beach two weeks ago. We had 3 waters, 4 frozen drinks, guacamole and chips as well as a ribs dinner for $47. The service is wonderful! Be sure to snorkel off the dock and swim towards the buoys. It's great! Also, we stayed under the big thatched hut on the dock - there are chairs there. It was so cool and peaceful! Paradise Beach is wonderful! We arrived around 9:15 a.m. and were the first one's there!

Archived