Southeast tours in Skagway

basser

Okay, I was going to keep my mouth shut and wait for someone else to reply. But since you asked, I find Southeast to be erratic - some guides are good, some are poor, they have some good equipment, some not. The 6-hour trip you're looking at, though, is good value at $85, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If money was no object, here's the one the kids would be blown away by - http://www.frontierexcursions.com/tour/y_4x4/y_4x4.html (it goes into country that is unique for any cruise excursion - above treeline on the mountain I live on).

Murray

Okay, I was going to keep my mouth shut and wait for someone else to reply. But since you asked, I find Southeast to be erratic - some guides are good, some are poor, they have some good equipment, some not. The 6-hour trip you're looking at, though, is good value at $85, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If money was no object, here's the one the kids would be blown away by - http://www.frontierexcursions.com/tour/y_4x4/y_4x4.html (it goes into country that is unique for any cruise excursion - above treeline on the mountain I live on).

Murray

Oh dear that is worrying. I have signed up for Southeast's horseback riding trip which is also 6 hours long. Unfortunately, frontierexcursions doesn't seem to have a horseback riding equivalent! :(

What do you mean by having not-so-good equipment? How does it affect the safety etc? My DH and I don't have any prior riding experience.

The heart of your excursion is Emerald Lake Ranch, a quality operation. Southeast just takes you there. I'm sure their vans are safe, some of them are just rough. You can save a lot of money by renting a car and driving to the ranch.

Murray

That's what I was wanting to know. Price is kind of important, although the Frontier tour sounds interesting. Maybe I just need to go the car rental route and use your giudebook.

The heart of your excursion is Emerald Lake Ranch, a quality operation. Southeast just takes you there. I'm sure their vans are safe, some of them are just rough. You can save a lot of money by renting a car and driving to the ranch.

Murray

Thanks Murray, that is very heartening to hear. Re renting a car, we drive on the left in Singapore and it would be very confusing for us to get accustomed to driving on the right for a day so for us, that's not really an option. But I'm glad that the Emerald Lake Ranch (and Joni's horseback riding tour) is a quality operation! :D

I think this excursion is new this year. Southeast just books the trip - all I know about the boat is that its a 34-footer. More important is that the fishing near Skagway isn't very good.

Murray

Archived