RCI Liberty Of The Seas - May 3rd 2012 - Roll Call

Board_Shorts

• 2 weeks later...

Considering this cruise along with a totally different Bermuda cruise that leaves the same day. I'm traveling with a friend and we're still knocking around the idea and making sure we can get the time off. I hope to know sometime next week. Neither of us has been to Bermuda but we also haven't been to most of the Mediterranean ports on this itinerary either (just to Rome).

Considering this cruise along with a totally different Bermuda cruise that leaves the same day. I'm traveling with a friend and we're still knocking around the idea and making sure we can get the time off. I hope to know sometime next week. Neither of us has been to Bermuda but we also haven't been to most of the Mediterranean ports on this itinerary either (just to Rome).

Good luck with that decision - sounds like a hard one! Hope to see you in the Med though!

So we made the decision to take this cruise. Our cruise choices were dramatically different but this one really appealed to both of us. I'm really looking forward to seeing a part of Europe that I've never experienced.

Have you booked any excursions yet or planned anything for Barcelona?

We should definitely meet up on the cruise, would be great to have people to hang out with onboard.

Chris

Hi there, there is already a roll call for May 3rd, come & join us! It's only a few of us yet, but getting bigger each day, it's the one where the headline by me is "may 3rd 12 x5 yay I have the ship to myself"

obviously when I posted that I thought I was alone!

• 3 weeks later...
So we made the decision to take this cruise.

Thats great! Sorry it's taken me so long to reply!

We're flying to Barcelona on the morning of the 3rd so not much chance to see the city, but we've been before, I just hope our flight isn't late!

We're planning on doing our own tour of Cannes, I've found a good one with maps etc online, and there's also a 'mini train' that takes you on a tour of the city by road for 10 euros each too - (search for 'cannes-petit-train' if you're interested). We were thinking of Monaco or Nice but still not sure.

From Livorno we're taking a train to Pisa - only 15 mins, it's bookable online and is around 4 euros for a return ticket!

We're still deciding about what to do for Rome.

To be honest, I'm so excited about the ship that the ports are taking second place at the moment!

Yeah we should meet up for a drink sometime, and whats your dining option? We're doing MTD, May 7th is my 30th birthday, so we might do a specialty restaurant that night instead.

Have you booked any shows or anything else yet?

Only 3 weeks to go!

Tom

Hi there, there is already a roll call for May 3rd, come & join us! It's only a few of us yet, but getting bigger each day, it's the one where the headline by me is "may 3rd 12 x5 yay I have the ship to myself"

obviously when I posted that I thought I was alone!

Thanks! I'll be sure to visit!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Tom,

Sorry I have been traveling and hadn't checked the site in awhile. I arrive in Barcelona on April 30 so I will have several days to enjoy it before the cruise since I've never been there. My buddy and I are staying in Barcelona the night we get back from the cruise and then May 9 I fly on to Paris for a few days before heading back to California.

We haven't booked any shows or specialty restaurants YET...

We were thinking about booking Chops for the at sea day (May 7). I have tried both Chops and Portofino on other ships and they are both nice. Oddly Portofino I think had the absolute best Filet Mignon I've tasted but Chops is great as well.

We're still set up for 9PM set dining but I intend to change that. I'm amazed that MTD was on waitlist, I didn't realize they limited that???

My buddy has been on the Liberty already so he's seen the Saturday Night Fever show. I haven't yet so when did you book, maybe I can join you guys?

This cruise and trip is my birthday present to myself as well although I already celebrated my birthday last week with friends in Florida (it was April 13). Hopefully we can celebrate that big 3-OH for you too :)

Gotta run but chat again soon...

Chris

What a great European tour you're doing!

Yeah we were originally waitlisted for MTD but were accepted about a month ago luckily. I'm sure you'll be able to change.

I booked the 6.30pm Saturday Night Fever on the 7th for my birthday, yeah you're welcome to come along too!

Add me on facebook if you have it, the link should be in the contact info in my profile here.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you soon, only 2 weeks to go!

Tom

What a great European tour you're doing!

Yeah we were originally waitlisted for MTD but were accepted about a month ago luckily. I'm sure you'll be able to change.

I booked the 6.30pm Saturday Night Fever on the 7th for my birthday, yeah you're welcome to come along too!

Add me on facebook if you have it, the link should be in the contact info in my profile here.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you soon, only 2 weeks to go!

Tom

Hey Tom,

I added you on Facebook just now, haven't been on Cruise Critic for several days but thought I would pop by and see what the chatter is. I'm having such a hard time being focused at work this week, daydreaming about this trip!

I will definitely try and book the 630 show on Monday :)

Are you going to the meet and mingle after muster? I guess I need to find out where and when that will be.

I hope the weather holds up for the trip, we've had some really odd weather here lately.

Chris

Archived