Carnival Liberty Leap Year Review (2/25 - 3/3)

Great Review!!!! Just a quick question...How was the Blue's band at the Blue Iquana that it shows on the dailys. Were they really a blues band? How was their music? Someone in our party is really into "blues" music and am curious how this band was. Thanks for a reply.

Thanks! Unfortunately, neither of us can comment on the Blue's Band. I tend to filter out the bands as part of "background" noise, and don't pay much attention to them. I wish I could give you better info! Sorry!

Have been waiting for the Fun Times since you started this amazing review. Still haven't booked yet, but am looking to book the Liberty for the end of Aug. The weather that time of year is what is driving me crazy, but it's right before school starts so it's a perfect time. UGH!!!! deciding is driving me crazy!!!!!

Once again, a GREAT review by the two of you . My family leaves on the Liberty in about 3 weeks and 1 day ! Your review just further added to our excitement / anticipation !!

Quick question, we are interested in the Luggage Express program. How much does this cost ? Were you happy with this program ?

Thanks again guys ! :D

Once again, a GREAT review by the two of you . My family leaves on the Liberty in about 3 weeks and 1 day ! Your review just further added to our excitement / anticipation !!

Quick question, we are interested in the Luggage Express program. How much does this cost ? Were you happy with this program ?

Thanks again guys ! :D

Thanks!! The Luggage Express was great for the most part. It's an extra $20 per person, and if your airline charges a baggage fee, that gets charged to you S&S acct from Carnival. Our flight home was scheduled to depart at 12:20, and we had just enough time to get to the airport, work our way through security and grab a quick bite to eat. Didn't even sit in the terminal to wait. The only "snag" was that Carnival tells the "early flight" people to meet by 8:00am sharp or you're out of the program. Well, a few ppl they had to track down and finally came about 45 mins later. Then we were held up again by getting in the Custom's line that had THE SLOWEST CUSTOMS AGENT EVER. I think the lines next to us cycled through like 3x more people while were in line. But that's nothing bad to say about the program - we checked in perfectly fine, and our bags were happily waiting for us in Baltimore right where they were supposed to be. It was very nice not having to deal with the luggage at MIA!

Thanks!! The Luggage Express was great for the most part. It's an extra $20 per person, and if your airline charges a baggage fee, that gets charged to you S&S acct from Carnival. Our flight home was scheduled to depart at 12:20, and we had just enough time to get to the airport, work our way through security and grab a quick bite to eat. Didn't even sit in the terminal to wait. The only "snag" was that Carnival tells the "early flight" people to meet by 8:00am sharp or you're out of the program. Well, a few ppl they had to track down and finally came about 45 mins later. Then we were held up again by getting in the Custom's line that had THE SLOWEST CUSTOMS AGENT EVER. I think the lines next to us cycled through like 3x more people while were in line. But that's nothing bad to say about the program - we checked in perfectly fine, and our bags were happily waiting for us in Baltimore right where they were supposed to be. It was very nice not having to deal with the luggage at MIA!

We must have been on the same flight....American at 12:20 PM?? Very bumpy!!

We must have been on the same flight....American at 12:20 PM?? Very bumpy!!

YES! OMG not the best flight ever, that's for sure. To make matters worse I had to go to the bathroom for like the last hour, and every time the bathroom looked clear the turbulence would really kick up again and the pilot would scold everyone to "STAY IN THEIR SEATS.. HE MEANS IT!!" Needless to say I was running to the bathroom as soon as I exited the plane! LOL!

YES! OMG not the best flight ever, that's for sure. To make matters worse I had to go to the bathroom for like the last hour, and every time the bathroom looked clear the turbulence would really kick up again and the pilot would scold everyone to "STAY IN THEIR SEATS.. HE MEANS IT!!" Needless to say I was running to the bathroom as soon as I exited the plane! LOL!

That was one of the worse flights I have ever been on. Luckily I went to the bathroom before all the turbulence. We were in the back of the plane and the flight attendant yelled at someone to get back in their seat!! :eek:

Does the Luggage Express program including transportation to the airport for bags and people ?

It takes whatever bags you want checked through the airline the night before at 10:30pm. You have to make arrangements to get yourself and your carry-ons to the airport. We purchased post-cruise transfer through Carnival prior to the trip - they have it under your booking info on the Carnival website if you want more info on that cost. If you do that, make sure you print a copy of the email confirmation you get and bring it along on your trip to show the shuttle people outside the terminal after you get through security.

I was confused because you said that a few people didn't get there until 8:45 AM so everyone had to wait for them ( late people for this kind of thing really ticks me off so bad, but that is a topic for another post ! ). Did you have to wait because you had also arranged for your transfer to MIA through Carnival ? If you were on your own for the transportation to the airport could you have left closer to 8:00 AM ?

I was confused because you said that a few people didn't get there until 8:45 AM so everyone had to wait for them ( late people for this kind of thing really ticks me off so bad, but that is a topic for another post ! ). Did you have to wait because you had also arranged for your transfer to MIA through Carnival ? If you were on your own for the transportation to the airport could you have left closer to 8:00 AM ?

No, take a look at my luggage express documents I uploaded along with the fun times - they take all the ppl included in luggage express AND with early flights through disembarkation on the ship and then through customs at the same time. And they wouldn't lead us off the ship till after those people arrived. The carnival-arranged transportation is pretty streamlines, they have big coach busses lines up and as they fill up, they leave. Had we not been stuck int he worst customs line ever, we probably could have made a bus that was just leaving. However we didn't and then sat for about 10 mins on the bus until it was full and ready to go.

If you do Luggage Express, you have to meet up and then leave with the group - Carnival needs to make sure you're accounted for since you entrusted them with your luggage. I hope that helps. You don't have to decide to do this ahead of time. Once you're on board, talk to guest services, they can give you all the details :)

Did have Cherry shop on the Liberty?? Did you eat taste good??

:D

Hey Taylor! Yeah there was a Cherry on Top shop, and we went in there a few times to look around, but we never bought anything. It all looked really good though! There were some delicious looking cupcakes in there I really wanted, but never got one :(

Hi Cassandra and Chris, I have been following your review and I'm so thankful for all the information your are imparting. I opened a few of the Fun Times looking for where they posted the Fun Farewell Party but I couldn't find it. Can you point me in the right one, please?

I'm going on the Liberty in exactly 3 weeks and I can't tell you how excited we are. My kids are literally counting down the days, especially the 5 year old! Thanks for your great review!! Am getting so much out of it.

It looks like another Hellboy reference to me. ;)

Nice ;) Many people wouldn't get that - kudos to you!!

Hi Cassandra and Chris, I have been following your review and I'm so thankful for all the information your are imparting. I opened a few of the Fun Times looking for where they posted the Fun Farewell Party but I couldn't find it. Can you point me in the right one, please?

I'm going on the Liberty in exactly 3 weeks and I can't tell you how excited we are. My kids are literally counting down the days, especially the 5 year old! Thanks for your great review!! Am getting so much out of it.

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'm sure you'll have an excellent time!!

The Fun Farewell Party is BARELY advertised. It takes a keen eye. There's a little teeny blurb about it on the bottom of the skinny page 3 on Embarkation Day 1 - and then it's not mentioned again until it's listed in the 5pm activities on the skinny listings on the final day at sea. They don't want those complimentary drinks advertised too heavily! :p

I just finished reading your review and it was fantastic. Thanks for taking the time to write it. We just booked the Liberty for next January and I have a couple questions for you.

You mentioned that there were sometimes chicken fingers or hot dogs in the sports bar? Did those cost extra or were they included with your fare? *Fingers crossed they'll add buffalo wings before we sail!*

Do you know if you had to pay to use the pool tables?

I know you mentioned that you don't like the shows, but I was wondering if you remembered what ones they had.

Thanks again!

I just finished reading your review and it was fantastic. Thanks for taking the time to write it. We just booked the Liberty for next January and I have a couple questions for you.

You mentioned that there were sometimes chicken fingers or hot dogs in the sports bar? Did those cost extra or were they included with your fare? *Fingers crossed they'll add buffalo wings before we sail!*

I know you mentioned that you don't like the shows, but I was wondering if you remembered what ones they had.

Thanks again!

Hi! Yes, sometimes there was food in the sports bar in the late afternoon/early evening (like 5ish) - and it was free.

I'm almost positive the pool tables were free - you get the balls and sticks from the sports bar guys.

I honestly have no idea what shows they had. We just don't go to them. They are all listed in the Fun Times I posted a few pages back however if you want to take a look.

Hope that helps! I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Thanks again!

We too are booked for the 19th, with the help of this review. Are you signed up for the roll call? I've looked and there are 3-4 different threads started didn't know which one or all of them to sign up with. We have been with RCCL for our past 5 cruises, We're excited to try another Carnival ship with some new upgrades. Our previous Carnival cruises have been the Ecstasy and Fantasy.

Edited by cruisin' 4 fun

Hi! Yes, sometimes there was food in the sports bar in the late afternoon/early evening (like 5ish) - and it was free.

I'm almost positive the pool tables were free - you get the balls and sticks from the sports bar guys.

I honestly have no idea what shows they had. We just don't go to them. They are all listed in the Fun Times I posted a few pages back however if you want to take a look.

Hope that helps! I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Thank you!

We too are booked for the 19th' date=' with the help of this review. Are you signed up for the roll call? I've looked and there are 3-4 different threads started didn't know which one or all of them to sign up with. We have been with RCCL for our past 5 cruises, We're excited to try another Carnival ship with some new upgrades. Our previous Carnival cruises have been the Ecstasy and Fantasy.[/quote']

I didn't even realize there were multiple. This is the one I've been on.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1571352

This one looks more active though, so I'll also post there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1376915