Luxury Yacht Excursion

jenmal921

Is this available through Carnivals excursion site? I do not remember seeing it but does sound like something that would interest our group! Anxious to hear from anyone with experience!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This was an outstanding tour. We had 16 people total on the tour and enjoyed great snorkeling, the beach part was a little shakey but fun, and the ride back through the mangroves was great. The food conisted of half a subway sandwich and he had cold beer and homemade rum punch. I would say it was worth it and would do it again.

I have this booked for June. I had never seen it before but assume it probably is sold out as the number is very limited. Please let me know your thoughts!

I will def let ya know what I think of it! I hope it is as nice as this pictures looked...and fun too :)

• 4 weeks later...
I will def let ya know what I think of it! I hope it is as nice as this pictures looked...and fun too :)

Welcome back Luv2CruiseCCL hope you had a great time. I wanted to bump this back up so you would remember to give us your feedback!! :D

Sorry it has taken a couple days to let everyone know what I though...getting back into the swing of things after a cruise is not fun!

My husband and I LOVED this ecxursion! We have been on 4 cruises before this one and have booked many excursions but this was by far one of the best we have done.

Once we tendered to Grand Cayman, we met the group we were going with. There were a total of 15 of us. We took a 15ish minute bus ride to a small channel where the yacht was. Getting out of the channel was less than 10 minutes but once we were out, we took off! They offered us some sodas and water as we got started. We sailed for a while in the most beautiful blue water EVER and then came up to Sting Ray City. We didn't stop but there were tons of people who booked that excursion. We had to go slowly to make sure we didn't send any waves their way but then it was onto snorkeling. There were a few other boats there snorkeling when we got there but it wasn't overcrowded or anything. I wasn't able to go snorkeling because the mask I own doesn't fit my face well, so I decided to use the ones they provided, but they also didn't fit :( Shawn (not sure how he spells it, he is the captain) told me that he has 3 year olds that wear them! So instead I just got in the water for a few and swam around. My husband snorkeled for a while and saw a bunch of different kinds of fish. He mainly stayed with Jenni (she was Shawn's assistant or "co-captain"). On the way, she was telling us about things that were usually there that would be seen while snorkeling. He was a little disappointed that the snorkeling portion wasn't a little longer but he said it was by far the best! Once I got back on the boat I was offered some rum punch (which was YUMMY) because I wasn't going back in the water. One thing that I really liked was that Shawn was always counting heads with his finger to make sure everyone was safe. I'd say we were there 30 mins. Everyone then got back on and it was time to go to the Starfish beach.

Once we got there, they threw out the anchor, and everyone had drinks (soda, water, beer, or rum punch) and they also provided sandwiches. The beach was very nice and nobody was really there. We got off the boat into knee high water and were allowed to explore and look for starfish. Since there was only 1 in sight, everyone snorkeled some more to find more. Everyone got to hold them and take pictures. While everyone was finishing their lunch and walking around the beach, my husband decided to keep snorkeling. He ended up in front of the boat and out a little ways. Once Shawn saw jetski's approaching, he ran to the front of the boat to signal that there was someone in the water and not to run him over! ***I love that safety was high on his list*** We were there roughly 45 mins before heading back to the dock. As we entered the channel they told us to keep our eyes open for iguanas. There were hundreds of them just chillling on the tree branches over the water! We went slow enough so we all could get pictures.

Sorry this is so long! If you decide to take this tour, make sure you take some cash to tip them. They 100% deserved the tip that we left them. They are very knowledgeable of all the places we went and we WOULD do this again if we go back to Grand Cayman :)

Thanks so much for your review. My wife and I are thinking about it. Can you tell me is there any shade on the yacht. Also on the beach how much time did you spend there. Any laungers there?

If you sit on the back of the yacht, where they drive the boat, there is shade. About 10 people can sit up front, but you would be in sun. We spent about 45ish minutes at the beach. It is more like an island that has sand, shallow water, and 1 house on it. No loungers, or really any people than who you are with. It's just a stop where you can get in knee deep water to look at the starfish and conchs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived