Recent Jewel Cruisers (5 day trips)

We are looking at the 5 day out of Tampa for next winter and just want some input from people who have done the 5 day. What was the median age for people on this cruise. Did there seem to be a good night life onboard? Was there somewhere at night to get late night snacks? I know on the Enchantment and Radiance they had pizza in the Solarium till 4 am, just wondering if Jewel was the same way. Did the skybar stay open till 10pm like on Freedom class and Voyager class ships? Thanks for any input

We did the 5 day the very end of January. If I were to make a guess, the average age was well over 70. Under the age of 50 was certainly a minority but we still had a great time. There were 5 of us (gals), 1 @ 71, 1 @ 52, 1@ 44ish, 2 @ 30ish. Can't help you w/the food questions, sorry.

Cathy

Just got off the Jewel on Saturday - did the 5 night to Cozumel and Costa Maya. Definitely a much older crowd than other cruises we have been on! Didn't take advantage of late night snacks ourselves but often noticed somewhere advertised in cruise compass as being open late - I think it was solarium cafe and possibly also the seaview cafe.

We went in February, it was a much younger and livelier crowd. But it was a school,vacation week. In the north east. Mostly, younger families ( parents in their 30s and 40s, maybe with grandparents in their 60s-70s) and groups of families. There were some older people too, but mostly middled aged. I thought it was pretty active, even the older folks were rock climbing! The 4-5 day cruises usually skew younger.

The Solarium cafe offered snacks late night; pizza, pastry and some sandwiches.

I found the lounges, especially the schooner bar, was pretty active at night (with the piano man) . I didn't check out the disco late night, but there was still plenty happening around the ship when I hit the hay at midnight most nights.

I don't remember any action at the pool deck at night except for the night they have the pool buffet, that was pretty lively, dancing and the bar area was packed.

Don't go in December; they offered a " Diamonds in December" promotion with extra cruise points to Diamond C&A members last year. The ones collecting these points are often older retirees, and we found it skewed the age on our Dec cruise on Oasis way up this past year. ( no flaming please- we had no problem with this and we aren't saying they weren't fun cruises, just that the op is looking for younger crowd) They might be changing that program to extra points for any one who gets on a under sold ship; and that might make December more like it used to be, 2 or three years ago, but no one knows yet.

Archived