Cabin C402

Riba

Hi, Has anyone stayed in this cabin? Does it have 1/2 shade and 1/2 sun on the balcony? We have been on the Celebrity our last 5 cruises and wondered how the rooms compare. Thanks for the info.

Our last cruise was on the Caribbean Princess and we had cabin C402. Yes, the balcony is 1/2 covered, 1/2 open and there are 2 reclining chairs and a table plus a small side table. Plenty of room to move around. These are large balconies and we always book this category on Princess.

Cabin has plenty of room as well. Queen size bed (plenty of room to store luggage underneath), 2 nightstands with lights, desk & chair, small side chair and table,TV, refrigerator. Closet is big with LOTS of nice wooden hangers. Closet with shelves and programmable safe right beside the closet. Bathroom is compact but plenty of room for everything with shelves beside the mirror and under the sink. Soap, shampoo, rinse and lotion provided in small bottles. Hair dryer is by the desk. Two plugs by the desk - may want a power strip. Plug in bathroom is for a razor only.

We thought it was a great cabin and we LOVED the ship!

Kathy

Not familiar with that cabin. We have always been so happy with Cat. BA cabins on Princess that we've never tried any other, Caribe deck balconies are so large and the fact that they are 1/2 covered and 1/2 open really appeals to us. I'm very fair and can't take a lot of sun so I can be out on the balcony and not have to worry. Also makes it usable even if it rains.

I'm sure the mini suite is a larger cabin and they usually have a separate sitting area and also a shower and bathtub. Don't know how the balcony size compares.

I'm sure you'd be happy with the AC category. If you go on the Princess website, you can usually see a picture of the different cabin category types and decide which is the best match for you.

Kathy

Ghost,

Did you have any issues with noisy people from the elevators? I am not used to Panoramic elevators going up to these decks.

My sister is in a cabin near there (B418) and I wanted to know if they will have noise issues at night.

Thanks.

Ghost, Thank you so much for your quick response. We are going to the Eastern, if you have any helpful hints for us we would appreciate them. This is our first cruise on Princess. We could have had a mini-suite, but like you we can't take the sun. Thanks again.

Riba

Apology not required. I goofed too - said Island when I meant Tahitian. Guess I was thinking of those two beauties, the original Island & Pacific Princess, now gone from the fleet.

Tried to edit and correct original post, but machine is acting up again today!

mphouston - No, we never had a problem with noisy people off the elevators -we were far enough away from them that it wasn't an issue. Also, our door was a little recessed so that probably helped some, too. Of course, we sleep so soundly on cruises, I don't that much would bother us!

Riba - Not sure what kind of info you are looking for. I would definately recommend you catch Movies Under the Stars - amazing way to see a movie. As for excursions, we usually book those on our own. We aren't shoppers, so usually when we do the eastern route, we grab a cab and head for the beach. In St. Martaan, Cupecay Beach and Baie Longue are nice, as is Orient Beach (part of which is "swimsuits optional") As for St. Thomas, if you haven't been to St. John, it's really beautiful. You can get info on the ferry from the purser's desk. On our last trip to St. Thomas, we did a day sailing trip on a private boat. It only accomodated 6 people and included breakfast, lunch and drinks. Went to all those great areas for snorkling or just hanging out. Such a relaxing day, away from all the crowds and SO much better than those crowded in like sardine ship tours (wwwsailwinifred.com). Princess Cay is a nice relaxing day with a great buffet lunch on shore. You can rent floats and other kinds of water apparatus - check the Princess web site for details or your cruise documents.

If you have other specific questions, please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help!

Kathy

Kathy, I do have some questions. Can you wear a nice capri outfit on casual nights? We are taking traditional dining, main seating, can we eat elsewhere some nights?Did you go to the steakhouse? We plan to sightsee, shop a little, and back to the ship. We have been to both islands, but have never taken a tour. We are not leaving until March, but I love doing research as soon as we put down a deposit. I am sure I will have more questions. Thank you for all your help. I am sure you are also helping others on this board.

Riba,

Yes capri outfits are fine on casual nights;)

You can definately eat in the other venues while with traditional dining. Just make sure you tell your waiter and perhaps the head waiter (and maybe even your tablemates) that you won't be dining with them on those night so they won't keep the rest of your table waiting.

Sabatini's is awesome - go hungry - and early in the evening.

The steakhouse was very good as well, a definate must for steak lovers.

Make your alternative dining arrangements as soon as you board so you don't get shut out as they tend to fill up quickly.

Ask away, DH and I are returning to the CB in a few weeks - this time the Western itinerary...so we're pretty excited and LOVE to talk about it.

Hi!

Riba,

We just returned last Saturday from the eastern on the Caribbean Princess. This was our 3rd sailing on her. She's a fabulous ship! Had a wonderful cruise with Princess as always!!

St. Thomas we took a taxi for an overall island tour, then took the Champayne Catamaran to St. John, excursion in the afternoon. It was absolutely FABULOUS!!

St. Maarten we took the America's Cup Regatta excursion, a great once in a lifetime experience! A lot of work but extremely glad we did it! We won the Regatta! In the afternoon we took the 4x4 excursion stopping at Marigot for an hour and Orient Beach for an hour. That was really a great way to see the island and get to stop and spend some time also!

We had an absolutely wonderful, wonderful trip! If I might add a tip on the Caribbean Princess that I probably wouldn't have ever known if someone hadn't told me--if you find your way all the way forward on the Lido deck there is a fabuous deck on top of the Bridge! Wonderful views and ocean breeze!! There and the aft are my favorite spots on the Caribbean Princess! (Well, besides the Movies Under the Stars screen!) During the day it's hard to find chairs, people save them. We took our own beach chairs and found a good place to set them up. (we drive to port!) So we always had a great place to sit!

We had such a fabulous time!!!!! The weather was perfect!!

Barbara:D

Crusdiva, Thank you for your reply. We live about 20 miles south of Boston. In March we went to the western Caribbean on our way to Costa Rica and Panama. We took an 11 day cruise on the Celebrity Summit. What a great itinerary. This will be our first cruise on Princess, we have always gone on Celebrity. If you have any questions let me know?

Archived