snorkling with Bodden

bethtogo

Can anyone tell me about their snorkling experiences with Victor Bodden - did you snorkle from beach or off shore? Thinking of tourning island , monkeys and possibly snorkling but have not booked anything yet.

We snorkeld from a boat but here is a copy of a post of mine concerning our snorkeling experience with Victor:

" Our excursion with him included snorkeling but when we got to the West End his snorkel vendor had left with another group...the guide (Ronald) wanted to put up into a fishing boat that did not have gear or a ladder to get out of the water with. Fortunately for us we saw a dive boat come in, we asked him if he would take us out...he had about 60 mins between trips and agreed to take us; so by the time we did the paper work, got fitted, and got out on the water we had about 30 mins to snorkel in just one location which frankly wasn't great.

This is not to say Victor is a bad operator....but he is not perfect so be aware. "

In my opinion a good operator would have offered us an adjustment in our fee....but not so Victor, he is bit of a monopoly.

Bodden is a long way from having a monopoly....what he does do is spend the most money on advertising and manages to please most of is clients most of the time ...this may seem like a monopoly.

There are two other tour company I can think off the top of my head. This doesn't include the many other people waiting at the dock or walking the beach willing to help you out.

I do agree a reduction in fee would have been nice but that doesn't get you your snorkel tour back.

The snorkeling from the shore from the Infinity end of West Bay Beach is amazing...no need to play someone to take you out.

Archived