Adjoining rooms, privacy?

airraider

My wife and I are cruising in 19 days... we had our rooms booked through an agency as a part of a very large group.

We have been assigned an adjoining room and are not sure who it adjoins to.

My question is, how does the door work? Double lock? I would assume that they could not come into our room on their own.... but still wanted to ask.

Also, I do not want to hear every word/activity going on in the other room, nor do I want them to experience the same... and idea on that?

My wife and I are cruising in 19 days... we had our rooms booked through an agency as a part of a very large group.

My question is, how does the door work? Double lock? I would assume that they could not come into our room on their own.... but still wanted to ask.

Also, I do not want to hear every word/activity going on in the other room, nor do I want them to experience the same... and idea on that?

Should be a door that opens in your room that opens to a door in their room so 2 doors and they both lock.

Noise shouldn't be too bad...maybe a little louder than a wall but not terrible...depending on the neighbors;)

Should be a door that opens in your room that opens to a door in their room so 2 doors and they both lock.

Noise shouldn't be too bad...maybe a little louder than a wall but not terrible...depending on the neighbors;)

Thank you very much!!

I was assigned an adjoining cabin once (on a Holland America ship), and I never noticed any additional noise from my neighbors. I don't think it's anything to worry about. And, as the previous poster said, the occupants of each cabin lock their respective door. If you opened the adjoining door in your cabin, all you would see is their locked door.

It may, however, mean a slightly different furniture arrangement, as space is needed for the door. For example, there may be a chair rather than a couch, or some other accomodation. Probably not a big deal.

Have a great cruise.

Depending on how loud the neighbors are sometimes you can hear through the door - even with both sides closed/locked. If it gets to be a nuisance, then speak to your cabin steward. I've read on CC that the steward might then put towels into the gap to block some of the sound coming through.

When we went on a family trip, my step sister, her husband, and her then 3yo daughter were in the adjoining room. We didn't open the doors between the rooms(each one has a lock) for several reasons. But in any case we did hear a LOT of what went on next door. I wouldn't choose an adjoining room if I could avoid it unless I were doing so for the purposes of opening the doors.

ETA: this was on Carnival Triumph in 2005

We booked a connecting room on our first cruise. Neighbors were a familyof 5 and we didn't hear a thing. We met them in the hall occassionally and they were worried they kept us up a few nights as the DW had been sick. Again, we didn't hear anything. I think the sounds of the ship and rocking gives us a good nights sleep.

When we went on a family trip, my step sister, her husband, and her then 3yo daughter were in the adjoining room. We didn't open the doors between the rooms(each one has a lock) for several reasons. But in any case we did hear a LOT of what went on next door. I wouldn't choose an adjoining room if I could avoid it unless I were doing so for the purposes of opening the doors.

ETA: this was on Carnival Triumph in 2005

Well crap! We will be on the Triumph...

Archived