VIP boarding on Inspiration in Long Beach

Marriedl8e

Help - I have a question about VIP boarding on the Inspiration in Long Beach. :confused:

Can anybody explain how the VIP process for boarding the ship works at the Long Beach Port for Inspiration? I know there is a building just past the parking structure where VIP people check in. I’ve read several boards where people say you check in and also wait in that building (which is very small by the way and would no way be able to accommodate ALL the VIPs on the ship), and when it is time for the VIPs to board, a Carnival representative will come and get you and take you to board the ship right after the wedding parties and the handicap people have boarded. Does anyway know FOR SURE if this is true?

The reason why I’m a little confused is we had a suite on the Paradise a couple years back and we checked in at the VIP building, but nobody said anything to us about waiting there and someone would come get us. We checked in, and then headed out to wait in the VIP section outside. This is another reason why I am confused. If they come and get you from the VIP check in area, why is there a VIP waiting area outside with all the zone boarding areas?

My husband and I arrive VERY early at the terminal to check in as we like to board the ship as soon as they start boarding. I would LOVE to wait in the comfortable VIP building in the comfortable chairs, but I would hate to end up at the END of the VIP line because I waited inside instead of the VIP section outside.

Thank you for any clarification you can give me.

Last time we sailed---Paradise, sister ship----we waited in the VIP lounge. It IS small, but it didn't fill up.

We were watching out the windows to see when we could board, but the desk staff told us when we could go ahead and board. Then we went to the VIP outside and waited for the wedding party. We were next to board.

Like you, I paid VIP to board first, but Inspiration is not the big Splendor so it isn't such an issue.

Splendor was a nightmare, but since Inspir. has fewer passengers, even parking probably won't be an issue.

Pat

For early sign-in, they start a line for VIPs outside if you want to wait out there, but they do bring the cruisers out from the VIP area just prior to boarding (quite a motley crew);). After that come the disabled, then the zones. You can get your cards in the building, have coffee & read.

Don't know what happens after early boarding, I assume you get your cards there, then go through security.

I think whether or not you can wait in the building is dependant on the number of VIPs they expect for a particular cruise.

With few suites on the Inspiration and if they aren't expecting a lot of Platinum, you may be able to in the building. Otherwise you will have to wait in the VIP Zone area (usually all the way to right as you face the dome).

Thank you everyone for your help. I appreciate it.

This will actually be my 10th (first Platinum) cruise so I'm really excited about that!!! I'm crusing in 12 days!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!! I can't wait!!!

We will probably check in and wait outside in front of the VIP boarding line as we want to be among the first on the ship. If we wait in the building and then come out to a line at the outside VIP I'm guessing we will be at the back of that line and that would be discouraging since we arrive at the terminal so early.

Thanks again for your comments!! :D

Thank you everyone for your help. I appreciate it.

This will actually be my 10th (first Platinum) cruise so I'm really excited about that!!! I'm crusing in 12 days!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!! I can't wait!!!

We will probably check in and wait outside in front of the VIP boarding line as we want to be among the first on the ship. If we wait in the building and then come out to a line at the outside VIP I'm guessing we will be at the back of that line and that would be discouraging since we arrive at the terminal so early.

Thanks again for your comments!! :D

Thats your best bet and what I always do...just have your Platinum card in hand as you walk by. Congrats on your VIP cruise!

Thats your best bet and what I always do...just have your Platinum card in hand as you walk by. Congrats on your VIP cruise!

Thank you DEBnGAB!! I am so excited! One of the things I'm most looking forward to as a Platinum member is getting in the slot tournament for free!!! Thank you for the tip about having my Platinum card out. I'll do that.

We did the VIP embarkation for Inspiration on it's 1st cruise from Long Beach. We checked in, in the VIP building. Took our carry on's and went to the right of the dome to the front. There will be a rope across the access area to the ship.

vip's will be first inline there followed by Zone 1's. Handicapped and any weddings will go on before you.

I like to get on asap so I don't wait in the VIP building, I want to be front & center LOL!Have fun! I loved the Inspiration~

We did the VIP embarkation for Inspiration on it's 1st cruise from Long Beach. We checked in, in the VIP building. Took our carry on's and went to the right of the dome to the front. There will be a rope across the access area to the ship.

vip's will be first inline there followed by Zone 1's. Handicapped and any weddings will go on before you.

I like to get on asap so I don't wait in the VIP building, I want to be front & center LOL!Have fun! I loved the Inspiration~

You are a girl after my own heart Donna! Thanks for the post. I love being front and center too!! I'm glad you loved the Inspiration. This will be our first time on this particular ship so I'm looking forward to exploring her. :cool:

You are a girl after my own heart Donna! Thanks for the post. I love being front and center too!! I'm glad you loved the Inspiration. This will be our first time on this particular ship so I'm looking forward to exploring her. :cool:

What Donna didnt tell you is that she pushes and shoves her way to the front, taking down anyone in front of her! ha ha!! Kidding...me and Donna are good friends and sailed a lot together ;)

What Donna didnt tell you is that she pushes and shoves her way to the front, taking down anyone in front of her! ha ha!! Kidding...me and Donna are good friends and sailed a lot together ;)

ROFLMAO! Too funny! I love cruising. Everyone (mostly) is in such a great fun mood when they cruise. Love it!!

We're on the same cruise in 12 days. Family of 5 so any help is greatly appreciated. We don't have VIP check in but I read on some older threads that earlier check in is available at the Queen Mary. Anyone know if that's still true. We arrive early at LAX - 8:30 - so will be getting to port probably between 9:30-10:00. Would love to be able to drop off luggage etc. especially having the 3 kids. Thanks in advance for any help/advise, etc.!!

David

We're on the same cruise in 12 days. Family of 5 so any help is greatly appreciated. We don't have VIP check in but I read on some older threads that earlier check in is available at the Queen Mary. Anyone know if that's still true. We arrive early at LAX - 8:30 - so will be getting to port probably between 9:30-10:00. Would love to be able to drop off luggage etc. especially having the 3 kids. Thanks in advance for any help/advise, etc.!!

David

Early check in is available on the Queen Mary starting at around nine thirty. It is located on the ground level, far right of the ship.

OP, did you change your username from something else? You look familiar like another poster..? Enjoy your cruise, we loved the Inspiration!!

David

Hi David. I look forward to cruising with you and your family!

Yes, I believe they do still have early check in at the Queen Mary. I believe it goes from like 9ish to like 11ish, then they close it down and move the check in to an area in front of the Inspiration.

You can come to the port as soon as your flight arrives. We always get there early and there are always porters available to take your luggage as soon as you arrive.

Once you check in at the Queen Mary they will give you your boarding zone # (which will hopefully be 1 since you will be there so early). And you can either go wait in that boarding area for boarding or you can go explore or whatever until they start boarding. They usually start boarding around 12:00 or so.

There may be a resaturant at the Queen Mary (I'm not sure as I have never stayed or eaten there) but there aren't really any food places I can recall right there at the port. They do have some vending machines where you can get some snacks and drinks.

Keep in mind too, as soon as they start boarding, they direct everyone to the buffet area where you will find a wonderful lunch with tons of options waiting for you.

See you soon!! :D

Early VIP boarding is in a small building just outside the ome-- that's where you get the cards & sign in. They serve coffee & it's a nice place to escape the weather.

Not a big deal but when did they start serving coffee in the VIP area? I've only seen lemonade and water. Was just there Jan 27 and 4 times last year.

Thanks!

I was there in January & I thought I saw a coffee machine there. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.:cool:

No worries..I was just like wow, that would be nice! I always get there early and would love a cup of coffee!

Hi Sherrie, We were on the Splendor together last August. I just cruised on the Inspiration and wanted to tell you and Martyn that I think you will like it. Were you ever on the Elation? Reminded me alot of that ship. I like the smaller ship feel, but am seriously thinking about another Splendor cruise late this summer again before she heads east. maybe we,ll see you then, Candi

Hi Sherrie, We were on the Splendor together last August. I just cruised on the Inspiration and wanted to tell you and Martyn that I think you will like it. Were you ever on the Elation? Reminded me alot of that ship. I like the smaller ship feel, but am seriously thinking about another Splendor cruise late this summer again before she heads east. maybe we,ll see you then, Candi

Hi Candi! It's great to hear from you. It was very nice getting to meet you on the Splendor last year.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise on the Inspiration. We are really looking forward to it! No, we've never been on the Elation, but we have been on the Ecstasy and Paradise which are also Fantasy Class Ships and we enjoyed those cruises very much too! They are smaller than the Splendor, but in my book any cruise is a GREAT cruise, you know? LOL!!

We won't be taking a cruise this summer but if you go on the Splendor, have a blast! :D

Archived