Celebrity Reservation Number Switch to Azamara Booking

ABCruiser

I am just wondering if anyone recently have a booking with Celebrity and decided to change to an Azamara cruise using the Celebrity booking number. I was able to to this a few years ago from Azamara to Celebrity. I would like to use my OBC and the small deposit for booking the Quest for November 2013 sailing.

I am just wondering if anyone recently have a booking with Celebrity and decided to change to an Azamara cruise using the Celebrity booking number. I was able to to this a few years ago from Azamara to Celebrity. I would like to use my OBC and the small deposit for booking the Quest for November 2013 sailing.

Hi ABCruiser,

I recommend contacting Azamara's customer service on this. As Azamara has a different onboard booking promotion, I doubt they will let you apply the Celebrity OBC to an Azamara booking , but it never hurts to ask.

Here's a link to Azamara's contact page : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/contact-us . Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

If so, please let me know. We have an onboard Open Booking with Celebrity and got wrong information that we could use it wth a Celebrity group booking. They failed to mentioned it could not be be used with "GroupX" bookings. Next a Rep said we could pick a cruise book it and cancel and get our $100.00 deposit back, but now being told that the deposit is non-refundable (Quess why we have so many problems with "Miami").

The issue you may have is that Azamara no longer does $100.00 deposits and they no longer give OBC, but the discount on Azamara in most cases is larger than the Celebrity OBC value. If Azamara is smart they will convert it and take your business.

Jade, What exactly is Group "X" booking ? I'm not familiar with that term.

It is some type of group booking through an outside travel agent that Celebrity has decided cannot be combined with other offers (or at least not onboard bookings/OBC).

I was already aware that group bookings require a full deposit and that the problem with waiting until after final payment is that the agent may not have the category you want at the group rate. But the onboard consultant insisted that if I purchased an Open Passage onboard that I could use it for a group booking through a travel agent. They even handed me paperwork that states that (Celebrity) Passages can be used to go from an individual booking into a group AND gave me their business card in case of any problems. This was the Manager onboard Millennium. Nowhere does it state that "certain group bookings" can not be combined with Passages. I made it clear that we did not want to be out $100.00. In any event the sailing we were looking at had a "groupX" rate and after multiple phone calls the ta said the Passage could not be used on the cruise we had hoped along with the $300.00 OBC. They could place us in the non-group rate, but I would not pay more just to get the OBC. Celebrity has rules that no one can understand as you can see from the Celebrity board.

Someone who is a travel agent can explain "GroupX".

I believe Jade is referring to Celebrity, RCCL and Azamara as a corporate "Group X"...

I actually was not. "GroupX" is some type of group booking that only the people in Miami understand because the Onboard consultant did not, and neither did the travel agent. And, the difference in rates is not even noticeable the way they fluctuate on a daily basis.

The issue you may have is that Azamara no longer does $100.00 deposits and they no longer give OBC, but the discount on Azamara in most cases is larger than the Celebrity OBC value. If Azamara is smart they will convert it and take your business.

I talked to Azamara and answer they gave me is "no, Azamara is branded now". So wondering if that's the case why is the loyalty program interchangable? I also asked why I cannot book an Azamara cruise on line in Canadian Dollar. There's no option to change currency as there is on Celebrity, therefore you have to call in to book. There is no big discount with this itinerary and deposit is $1100

I also asked why I cannot book an Azamara cruise on line in Canadian Dollar. There's no option to change currency as there is on Celebrity, therefore you have to call in to book.

I asked this same question last year and was told "maybe hopefully next year". Since Azamara became Azamara Club Cruises there is no longer a Canadian website and I prefer to check pricing online rather than calling in.

Archived