Royston Tours

paget

Just got an email back from Royston, he is not available for the date we requested, but his partner is. Does anyone have any experience with him, would you recommend him? Thanks for your help!

Cannot speak for Royston's partner. Royston is a great guy to spend a day with. When we spent a day with him at the end of November last, my wife I had him to ourselves. Some of the conversation discussed his business and expanding it. One of the things we discussed was that of reputation and how when you expand, if your not careful it is easy for your reputation to become devalued if your involved with the wrong person. From memory he did involve some one he trusted, but this was on a part time basis. He certainly seemed to have faith in him (sorry don't know their name). I would be surprised if his partner gave you anything but a great day on their island, Hopefully someone else with more direct knowledge can give you further guidance, but hope this helps.

Edit: After posting this I was reading through another thread - Thenford Grey or Royston - and there is a post on that thread refering to his cousin Ashton who may be the person he is proposing that you tour with and was the person he was talking about and the trust he had in him to maintain his standards. Seems to be endorsed by the author. If his tour price is the same I think you would have a great day at an excellant price.

Just finished a tour with Royston himself and he does use his cousin Ashton who has an A/C vehicle versus Royston's open windows. From what others have said on CC you will not be disappointed with Ashton. By the sounds of it he gives the identical tour that Royston does and for the $ it is a bargain. We felt guilty only having to pay $45 since $8 of that was the admission to the Brimstone Fortress + he paid for lunch.

We went with Ashton (Roystons' Partner) I posted about our tour.. He is very good! Made sure we were back to the ship on time.. very good with his history.. and very personable. Highly recommend him! When you meet him he looks so small and is holding a cardboard sign that says Royston.. Seems a bit scepticle at first.. but he is very ledgit! Was the best tour I have been on. He makes sure you get your pictures.. has a cooler in the back full os beer water and pop. Ask him about "ting" it a soda drink they use as mix. We did the Island tour.. totaly worth the money.. we even tipped extra!:D

Archived