Cancelling one person in a cabin for 5/15 sailing?

CruisinRin

Hi,

I have done all the work getting a nice family cruise together. We are sailing Carnival Miracle 5/15. Now my sister-in-law doesn't want her (ex)boyfriend to come. They are booked with 2 other people in a cabin. Each person is paying 1/3 of the total cabin price.

-Can one person in a 3-person cabin cancel at this late date without the other two cabinmates having to pay more?

-What is the price to replace him with someone else now? (I know I need to check with the TA also)

He does have Travelex Travelite cruise insurance, although I'm sure they don't cover break-ups!!! ;)

Thanks for you help,

Corinne

They will receive 50% of their refund if the cancellation is done more than 8 days before the cruise. You can check to see if they will allow a name change and have someone else join you and pay the 3rd person rate... if not, since the first two people in the cabin pay the full fare, you guys should not have to pay anything additional.... As for how much the third person gets back, you guys will have to determine that, because they will get refunded 50% of the cruise fare paid for the 3rd person rate...

Carnival will deduct the amount and refund up to 50% back of the third person rate if done within the correct time frame. Since each paid a third of the price of the cruise then they will have to settle it up between each other as the person that is going to cancel will not get back as much as he originally paid in plus the 50% less due to the fee being charged. Make sense??:)

So, I think he would only get like $200 back and he paid $725 (Cabin total divided by 3). Does anyone know how much it costs to change a person?

Thanks,

Corinne

So, say the rate was $800 for the first and second person, and $400 for the third rate. That is $2000. So, you each paid $666.66. However, Carnival would be refunding $200 (50% of the 3rd person rate), so your friend would be out $466.66. Make sense?

Yes, I understand. I think we are going to try to get someone to replace him. He doesn't even really care about the money(parents are rich!!!)

-Does anyone know the name change fee after tickets have been printed?

Thanks so much! Only 23 days to go!!! I am so excited, even with all of this new drama!!! :)

Archived