Carry on drinks???

sukyrin

We have a small rolling suitcase about 21" or so and fill that with the beverages of our choice. DH also carries his laptop and I usually have a medium sized bag that I carry. Find a place on the lido deck and park it till the cabin is ready~!

I have a collapsible cooler bag. We don't take a lot of drinks with us anyway. Just a few. Easy to carry around but can set it down if we want to stay in one spot for a while. It really doesn't take that long to get into your cabin. Then we just set it in there, put some ice in it and forget it 'til we want something from it.

:) we have packed bottle water and can drinks for about 10 of our 16 cruises, As recently as Feb 2012 on Esctasy. Worse thing that happened is we had to go to security back in Nov 2011 to RESCUE our water. I ask the security officer WHY my bag was being held and he say " I NO KNOW, me no see nothing". Shock my water and set me free. :)

Carry on only, per Carnival

I've read the Carnival rules which say "1 bottle of wine or champagne" in carry on luggage per person from the embarkation port only.

We have always been able to "sneak" an extra bottle on board in our suitcase on Princess and Norwegian but have been warned that this will result in a visit to the "naughty room" on Caribbean where the offending item will be removed and withheld until the end of the cruise.

Does Carnival XRay your checked in luggage?

Has anyone had experience with this issue?

It's a bit of a misnomer that you must "carry on" your allowable beverages. You can use a small folding luggage cart or rolling luggage to transport these through the check-in area and on board with you. The key is that YOU or a member of your party must take charge and resposibility for these these items. Personally after seeing how the longshoremen and the ship's crew handle the checked luggage I don't think I would ever trust anything breakable or spillable to checked luggage.

I carry my bottle and my wifes bottle in a beach bag and a 12 pack of soda in the other hand. I get on board, find a quiet place to sit on deck or near a window inside and within 5 minutes a wine is opened, book is opened and vacation begins :)

Let the rest of the folks have the over-crowded first few hours Lido deck.

I sometimes bring back more soda when in port and they have never said anything about it...

They never say anything about it because there's no rule against it ;) Of course Carnival doesn't come right out and say, "You can bring sodas on at each port," because who would buy the Bottomless Bubbles package if you knew you could get off and restock every other day or so.

But sadly, only allowed to bring wine on embarkation day.

Archived