Driving to Miami

pettrib

Hi All,

My sister and I will be driving to Miami for our Liberty cruise in August (YAY!!!). We usually leave from ports closer to home (Baltimore or Norfolk) so there is no need to stay the night before. I've been doing some research but there are SOOOO many hotels to choose from, so I thought I would come to the experts for some help/advice:

1. What convenient, reasonably priced hotel did you use?
  2. Did you leave you car at the hotel or did you park at the Port of Miami?
  3. Any other info you think would be useful would be terrific as well!

Thanks in advance for any help...

Hi All,

My sister and I will be driving to Miami for our Liberty cruise in August (YAY!!!). We usually leave from ports closer to home (Baltimore or Norfolk) so there is no need to stay the night before. I've been doing some research but there are SOOOO many hotels to choose from, so I thought I would come to the experts for some help/advice:

1. What convenient, reasonably priced hotel did you use?
  2. Did you leave you car at the hotel or did you park at the Port of Miami?
  3. Any other info you think would be useful would be terrific as well!

Thanks in advance for any help...

Port of miami is about 20 per day so we would either park at hotel and take shuttle or cab or off site parking area and same.

If you go to the Ports of Departure, Florida board you'll find a lot of information on parking and hotels. Also try a site called Stay123 dot com. It has several hotels with park and cruise rates. We're staying at La Quinta East in April, decent enough for the night, good rates, free parking and shuttle to the port.

A couple of years ago we drove to Miami for a flight for a cruise out of Barcelona. After reading the boards we stayed at La Quinta Inns and Suites, Miami Airport East. I noticed a lot of flight crews stayed there, too. We spent the night before the flight there and were allowed to leave the car at that hotel for free for the length of our trip (8 days). There was a free breakfast in the morning, free high speed internet, and a free shuttle to the airport. It is a moderate hotel...not upscale, but meets your basic needs. It was a little hard to find from the streets, but our GPS saved the day. You could probably just take a taxi from the airport to the cruiseport or from the hotel. You should probably call them for more info and make sure their policies haven't changed. Have fun on your cruise!

Archived