Celebrity Solstice - Formal Night Question

airlinerob

Hi All -

I don't want to cause a "stir" as I know this topic often causes them.

I'm on the Eastern Caribbean - March 25th - 7 night sailing.

If I don't feel like bringing a suit with me on this cruise, I've read that just a shirt & tie is probably not considered "formal" enough for the dining room.

So, I'm thinking of eating in "alternative" restaurants those nights. Would it be acceptable to eat there and not be in "formal" attire?

Any suggestions as to your two favorite alternative restaurants on board the Solstice?

Robert

No problem, the specialty venues are all smart casual, every night. On Solstice you'll have a choice of four specialty restaurants (not including Blu, which is for Aqua Class pax only). Go to the celebrity website, choose dining, then look at the menus for the four restaurants that are on your ship (Murano's, Tuscan Gill, Silk Harvest and Bistro on 5), then choose from there. IMO they're all good, so it's down to what kind of food you like best.

All the restaurants, other than the main dining room, have a smart casual and above dress code every night, including the nights the main dining room has a formal night. Some guests will be dressed formally even in the other dining areas even though it is not required.

Our favorite specialty restaurants on the Solstice are Muranos and Tuscan Grille. Check out the menus on Celebrity's web site. Muranos is a bit more elegant in terms of the service and presentation. Both have wonderful food and service.

All the restaurants, other than the main dining room, have a smart casual and above dress code every night, including the nights the main dining room has a formal night. Some guests will be dressed formally even in the other dining areas even though it is not required.

Our favorite specialty restaurants on the Solstice are Muranos and Tuscan Grille. Check out the menus on Celebrity's web site. Muranos is a bit more elegant in terms of the service and presentation. Both have wonderful food and service.

Does Celebrity keep the buffet open for dinner? Has anyone eaten there? Is the dinner food decent?

Many men wear a blazer.You could even wear a nice dark tshirt underneath and they will let you in the formal night dining room.At the risk of offending anyone,the majority of tux wearers seem to be the older crowd,meaning men over age 75.Really,people stress far too much about the formal night.

We enjoyed Murano and Silk Harvest - and my husband wore a Tommy Bahama style short sleve shirt to both. You will be fine in that type of attire in there, as long as you have long pants on you will feel appropriately dressed. We did not see shorts in any of the specialty restaurants.

I loved Murano! We went on a formal night and dressed formally, but it is definitely not required. I was more worried about seeming out of place in a cocktail dress. Luckily, Murano is very elegant, has the most wonderful food, and either formal wear or smart casual is perfectly acceptable.

I can't say from personal experience, but I have heard other comments here that the dinner buffet leaves much to be desired. It is a significantly scaled down version of the lunch buffet.

Many men wear a blazer.You could even wear a nice dark tshirt underneath and they will let you in the formal night dining room.At the risk of offending anyone,the majority of tux wearers seem to be the older crowd,meaning men over age 75.Really,people stress far too much about the formal night.
As Diamond Jim Brady said,them that has them,wears them.;)

.At the risk of offending anyone,the majority of tux wearers seem to be the older crowd,meaning men over age 75.Really,people stress far too much about the formal night.

My DW loves to get me into a tux for formal nights and we are no where near the over the 75 crowd.

I am looking forward to celebrity's new policy becoming the norm so that I don't have to continue this dress up thing.

I believe it may take a few cruises before she gives it up.

And you don't find this sufficient incentive?

Dude, you must not be working it to your advantage!!

; -D

TO SARAFINADH,

Lol... ain't it the truth !!

Ask any woman on a Celebrity cruise... us gals like to dress up for sure, but having our guys dress up for Formal Night is awesome... a guy in a Tux is a HOT commodity !!

Call it shades of James Bond, Remington Steele, on flashbacks to our Wedding Day.

Lol... perhaps the quote should be...

<< My DW loves to get me OUT of my tux on formal nights >>

Seriously, I'm guessing that the stats are high for hanky-panky on Formal Nights

But, I suppose, this is one Poll that we won't see on any of the CC Boards...

Cheers!

TO SARAFINADH,

Lol... ain't it the truth !!

Ask any woman on a Celebrity cruise... us gals like to dress up for sure, but having our guys dress up for Formal Night is awesome... a guy in a Tux is a HOT commodity !!

Call it shades of James Bond, Remington Steele, on flashbacks to our Wedding Day.

Lol... perhaps the quote should be...

<< My DW loves to get me OUT of my tux on formal nights >>

Seriously, I'm guessing that the stats are high for hanky-panky on Formal Nights

But, I suppose, this is one Poll that we won't see on any of the CC Boards...

Cheers!

If they took a poll we would lie.:p

Archived