Magnet?

You would place the magnet on the doorjamb to over-ride the sensor and make it appear that the balcony door is closed when it is in fact open. At least thats what I thought they meant. I doubt I'd want to leave my door propped open 'cause I'd be sleeping coming in to port and would freak out if a bird woke me up in my cabin.

First let me say I love these boards and I have learned so much.. so thank you..

I found a "checklist" that said to bring a Magnet to keep your AC on in the cabin if the balcony is open..

I don't understand?

:confused:

On some vessels there is a sensor that shuts off the A/C when the balcony door is left open. This was not the case on the Freedom (Aft).

The magnet is used to override the shut off, so that the A/C will run while the door is open.

Whether you choose to do this or not, make sure do not advocate doing this on these boards. You will be lumped in with those who bash baby seals and smuggle booze.

Enjoy your trip.

-F-

On some vessels there is a sensor that shuts off the A/C when the balcony door is left open. This was not the case on the Freedom (Aft).

The magnet is used to override the shut off, so that the A/C will run while the door is open.

Whether you choose to do this or not, make sure do not advocate doing this on these boards. You will be lumped in with those who bash baby seals and smuggle booze.

Enjoy your trip.

-F-

Thanks.. wasn't advocating.. just learning ! :)

Archived