Solstice ??

divechick

Ok since it appear that the Solstice is taking the Infinity's place doing the RT out of Seattle to Alaska in 2013 I need some advice. I am planning a surprize trip for my husbands 50 birthday along with the help of 2 of are kids. The Kids and there SO well all staying in inside cabins due to there budgets I would like a to find a cabin with a larger the normal balcoony so we can all enjoy the beauty from our deck I know on the M class ships the aft facing balony our huge and have heard the same about the S class however I have hear that the have a issue with lots of soot from the smoke stack. If this is the case can someone recommend a room we might consider that doesn't have soot isses with a large balcony. Thanks Teri

The S-Class aft balconies are not deeper than normal balconies; they are for the most part regular sized (though some are a bit wider). The largest non-suite balconies on S-Class are those on the slanted portion of the two humps. Some of these are nearly double sized and some nearly triple sized. As for soot, yes, the aft balconies do sometimes get some soot on them on S-Class. They are also a bit of a walk to the nearest stairs/elevators. On M-Class aft is the way to go, but on S-Class most (including myself) prefer the slanted portion of the hump.

The S-Class aft balconies are not deeper than normal balconies; they are for the most part regular sized (though some are a bit wider). The largest non-suite balconies on S-Class are those on the slanted portion of the two humps. Some of these are nearly double sized and some nearly triple sized. As for soot, yes, the aft balconies do sometimes get some soot on them on S-Class. They are also a bit of a walk to the nearest stairs/elevators. On M-Class aft is the way to go, but on S-Class most (including myself) prefer the slanted portion of the hump.

Thanks Gonzo guess we will be going with a slanted hump then can't wait for the acuallly release next week. any advice on a great cabin I should look fo.r I know you always give great advice.

Thanks Gonzo guess we will be going with a slanted hump then can't wait for the acuallly release next week. any advice on a great cabin I should look fo.r I know you always give great advice.

The first and the third staterooms off the hump have the largest balconies; i.e. for example 6240 on the 6th deck or 1610 on the Penthouse Deck. The deck six balconies are partially obstructed, so you may save some money, but if the price difference isn't much a higher deck is better. Be careful about booking staterooms near the hump on the port side lower decks (i.e. decks 6-8) as there is a public smoking area there on deck 5. Be sure to check out the Sticky on the Celebrity page where people have mini reviews on the different rooms on S-Class ships; open the thread and use the search feature to research any specific stateroom numbers you are considering booking. Good luck with the planning! :)

Archived