Summit - Continental Deck

railed

We are booked on the Summit for our first cruise in many years (We did the whole Disney Cruise with the kids twice). We got our cabin assignment of 2006 all the way in the stern of the ship. I can sleep through a hurricane (literally) my wife is a much lighter sleeper. She also got seasick once when we hit a storm.

I'm wondering about the noise from the theater above and the ride being that far forward. Anyone have any thoughts?

This is for our 25th wedding anniversary and since I will be spending the actual anniversary day in working in South America (at a Caribbean Beachfront Hotel) without her, I really want to give her a great cruise.

Any other advice you wish to pass on, we'd be glad to listen. We're in our late 40's, Celebrity seemed to offer the demographics and shipboard amenities that appealed to our non partier lifestyle :)

We are booked on the Summit for our first cruise in many years (We did the whole Disney Cruise with the kids twice). We got our cabin assignment of 2006 all the way in the stern of the ship. I can sleep through a hurricane (literally) my wife is a much lighter sleeper. She also got seasick once when we hit a storm.

I'm wondering about the noise from the theater above and the ride being that far forward. Anyone have any thoughts?

This is for our 25th wedding anniversary and since I will be spending the actual anniversary day in working in South America (at a Caribbean Beachfront Hotel) without her, I really want to give her a great cruise.

Any other advice you wish to pass on, we'd be glad to listen. We're in our late 40's, Celebrity seemed to offer the demographics and shipboard amenities that appealed to our non partier lifestyle :)

What a great anniversary gift to yourselves! I've not yet been on the Summit but I do get seasick within the first 24 hours of getting on a ship. A compassionate CC poster recommended I take seasick pills the day before I board. Maybe your wife is one of those lucky ones only affected when a storm hits, but in any event, I am amazed at how well the pills work! I was feeling better in no time flat. I hope they work as well for your wife because it's no fun being ill when everyone is out and about enjoying their cruise.

We are booked on the Summit for our first cruise in many years (We did the whole Disney Cruise with the kids twice). We got our cabin assignment of 2006 all the way in the stern of the ship.
Was that a typo?

2006 is up towards the bow, nowhere near the stern at all.

If your wife is prone to seasickness, you may both be happier if you move to a cabin a little further back.

Also, since you mentioned that it is for a special 25th wedding anniversary cruise and you want to give her a great cruise, you should be aware that 2006 does not have a balcony.

Undoubtedly some passengers would be perfectly happy with 2006, but it is good to know just what kind of cabin you are getting in advance so that there are no disappointments when you see it for the first time.

Yes Bow! Sorry! I was in the Air Force, not the Navy :) and my little boat at home has a front and back ;).

We thought about a balcony, but the extra $800 total (when we booked), could be spent on shore excursions, etc. I am keeping a close eye and if the price dropped to something affordable, I'll jump on the upgrade. Our cruise planner has been watching for specials and Military/Fire Discounts since I qualify for both. She's also watching for rooms closer to the center. To be honest, we don't plan on spending too much time in the room.

Our first cruise she got really sick, but then so did almost everyone on board (HUGE storm). I actually enjoyed the midnight buffet with the other 100 or so guests that seemed to be immune from any form of motion sickness.

Last time I had the midnight buffet, I was in my 30's. If I attempted it now, I'd wind up having to wear Sansabelt Pants and that's not happening until my 70's! No offence to anyone that wears them or people in their 70's.

Archived