Destiny Questions

Herbaltees

We are 3 ppl in an aft balcony on deck 6. They say they will bring in a roll away bed. What is that?

We would have preferred another type of room, but they said they can not bring in a roll away bed into any 2 person room.

Can someone confirm this for me please.

One year ago this week. Sigh...what fun....give me a minute...okay I'm back:

Cabin 8330. My two girls and myself.

I can't explain why some cabins are deemed "3", when the rollaway is the third bed. Seems like they can put that in any two person cabin. ???? (capacity issues aside)

Anyway... the rollaway is a twin size cot, basically. Folds in half and is on wheels. Very much like what you see in hotels. We folded it up during the day so it would be out of the way more. It was comfortable enough. The girls and I took turns sleeping on it. A bit softer than the regular beds.

Have a great cruise. You did great by choosing the aft cabin - plenty of room for all three of you on the balcony. Grab some drinks and snacks from the Lido and watch the ports fade into the distance at the end of port days.

Peg

I don't have any experience with a roll away bed, but was just in an aft balcony this past November. I had 2 chairs and a lounger so you and your roomates should be good from that end. It was wonderful and I am sad that I won't be sailing her again before her make over.

My husband, 2 small girls and I will experience for the 1st time the "pull down" bed this summer on the Dream. I imagine that will be nicer in regards to space than a roll away since it is attached to the wall, but we'll see.

Have fun!

This past October brought my family on the Sensation we go t a cot that was low to the floor and did not fold you turned it over and it went under the bed my 20 yesr grandaugher did fine on it

Thats not a roll-away...that is called a trundle bed :D

This past October brought my family on the Sensation we go t a cot that was low to the floor and did not fold you turned it over and it went under the bed my 20 yesr grandaugher did fine on it

:eek: This sounds like some sort of air mattress! I certainly hope this is NOT what we get. Are you sure she was okay on it? How long was your cruise?

It was not an air matress it was a thin matress on weaving that was on a metal frame. It is low to the ground so if you have trouble getting up you might need help. I know i could not get up from it with my knees. I could sleep on it but is just too low to the ground for me

Archived