Miami Disembark Everglades Excursion

Colrabi

We're thinking of booking NCL's Everglades Excursion when we disembark the Pearl in Miami. Our flight is not until 6.15pm and thought it might be a good way to spend some of the day. Has anyone done this excursion and what did you think. What time did you leave the ship and what happens to your luggage. What time did you get back to the airport.

We're thinking of booking NCL's Everglades Excursion when we disembark the Pearl in Miami. Our flight is not until 6.15pm and thought it might be a good way to spend some of the day. Has anyone done this excursion and what did you think. What time did you leave the ship and what happens to your luggage. What time did you get back to the airport.

The luggage stays on your tour bus with you at the park. If you have not seen a lot of alligators it was a pleasant experience. We had but I did enjoy the airboat ride. Unfortunately they have to get people back by 1 or 2 pm as that bus also picks up passengers from the airport to take on the next sailing.

So you will still have quite a wait for your flight. We wandered the airport and took our time sipping a beer or eating a snack at various pubs that had sports on...

If you should decide to do this, hang back when boarding the airboats. The first wave of people fill up one boat before they open another. We ended up with only 6 people on our boat so got attention from the guide, who not only made sure we could get good pics but also took some for me using my camera as I was having trouble in the bright Florida sun seeing the LCD on the camera (I miss oldfashioned view finders!)

Forgot to add that we left the ship at 08:30 am

Took this tour last October from the Epic. We met on the ship around 9, collected our luggage in the terminal, went through customs, and took our luggage to our assigned bus. The luggage stays on the bus until you get to the airport. I think we got to the airport around 2-2:15pm. My only problem with the tour was the repititive asking for a tip from the tour guide. Once should be enough, four times gets a little annoying. If you don't want to leave your luggage on thebus, there is always the bags program.

Thank you both, that helps a lot.

Lol Medtech2, we are from the UK and dont get to see many wild alligators here ;). Will be great to meet a few of the litter snappers! Thanks for the tip re hanging back for the airboats, we'll certainly go to the back of the queue. I think we have to check-in 3 hours before flight (or it may be 2) so perhaps the wait wont be too bad, enough time for lunch and drink.

Were you first off the ship at 8.30?

Debt - I feel much better knowing the luggage stays with us. We did a similar tour in San Juan but our luggage went off in a different van to the airport and we were worried the whole tour we wouldnt see it again. The Bags service isnt an option for us as we're flying Virgin Altantic. As for the tipping, I have a rule that the tip is reduced every time they mention it :p.

Just have to make the decision now. Does anyone have any other ideas what we could do if we decide against this tour? We are 4 adults.

Just have to make the decision now. Does anyone have any other ideas what we could do if we decide against this tour? We are 4 adults.

I checked around with local sightseeing companies prior to my cruise, and there are quite a few that offer private tours at reasonable rates. You might want to check on the North American homeports board here for some ideas.

Have a great trip!! :D

Lol Medtech2, we are from the UK and dont get to see many wild alligators here ;). Will be great to meet a few of the litter snappers! Thanks for the tip re hanging back for the airboats, we'll certainly go to the back of the queue. I think we have to check-in 3 hours before flight (or it may be 2) so perhaps the wait wont be too bad, enough time for lunch and drink.

Were you first off the ship at 8.30?

Debt - I feel much better knowing the luggage stays with us. We did a similar tour in San Juan but our luggage went off in a different van to the airport and we were worried the whole tour we wouldnt see it again. The Bags service isnt an option for us as we're flying Virgin Altantic. As for the tipping, I have a rule that the tip is reduced every time they mention it :p.

Well, you may have already done the Florida alligator thing....but since you haven't, if you do take this tour, take the stroll around the nature center park. While strolling keep an eye out near some of the sidewalks.

We about died laughing because there was a big fat gator lounging right next to a sidewalk. Some ladies ahead of us did not even notice as they walked by him. We called them back to show them and boy did they scream. Not to worry, those guys are so well fed and fat they would only move if you stepped on them. The little park there has some captive gators but also a good amount of wild ones hanging around the dock area looking for handouts.

We met on the ship to go on the tour as a group. We were not first off the ship...

Archived