Celebrity Equinox Day 10 - and Dailies

rspro

Hey man it's Cayman. I'll be honest - since we have done this port many times, I really didn't take that many photos in port. We've been to Hell, we've gone to the Turtle Farm, and we've swum with sting-rays (although in Tahiti and that's a "whole nother story"). I would absolutely indulge in everything Cayman has to offer if it's your first time here. Don't infer anything from our relaxing and strolling the main tourist streets and relaxing seaside with a view instead of doing excursions for our fourth visit here. Having said that, Cayman is a beautiful port used to dealing with lots of tourists and handles everything well. Most of the infrastructure you would expect you'll get here - except for a walk-off pier. Cayman is a tender port for all cruise ships and tendering adds a planning / time element to visiting.

If you are doing a cruise ship organized tour early in the day, you will be given tour tickets along with a reserved time slot or organized boarding on one of the first tenders. With each tender holding about 150 people, you can understand the logistics of offloading upwards of 2000+ people on a ship like the Equinox. If you do not have an excursion, you will either line up to get a ticket number which is given sequentially, get a priority tender ticket if you are in a suite, or wait for open tendering - a time when there is capacity to spare and you can more or less get on a tender when desired. This does not occur until 2-3 hours in port given the number of people getting off early. Plan 20-30 minutes to get off the ship and on the pier at Cayman.

A Cayman Note: The official currency of Cayman is the Cayman Dollar. When we visited, the US Dollar was worth about $0.80 Cayman Dollars, if if a price in a restaurant is $1.00, it is probably Cayman dollars and expect to pay about $1.20 US for the purchase. I'm noting this since it is not as obvious that something is being priced in Cayman dollars as say in Pesos in Mexico.

As usual, Celebrity Dailies and photos are posted at: http://www.proszowski.com

We went back on board after 3-4 hours on shore - there is sometimes long line to get back on a tender if you wait to the very end of the day.

Onboard, there was a tapas and sangria event aft of the buffet - it was a nice way to sail-away from Cayman.

Tonight, we went to the Tuscan Grille for our third visit - I guess we are fans.

Thanks again for all your pictures...have really been enjoying them. We leave Tuesday for a few days in Florida prior to getting on the Equinox for the 10 day itinerary. Looking forward to being away from the winter here in Chicago, although it is supposed to warm up next week.

It has been great following along on your trip. Thanks for the time and effort put into sharing your cruise with us!

Thanks again for all your pictures...have really been enjoying them. We leave Tuesday for a few days in Florida prior to getting on the Equinox for the 10 day itinerary. Looking forward to being away from the winter here in Chicago, although it is supposed to warm up next week.

It has been great following along on your trip. Thanks for the time and effort put into sharing your cruise with us!

I'm in Chicagoland as well, it looks like you'll be heading to Florida and missing 70's here in Chicago next week. Enjoy you cruise.

Hi again RSPRO,

We enjoyed your review so much that we printed out all the Dailies and activities. Now we need you to take another one and report on all the other stuff that you did.:D:D:D:D

Thanks again,

Tom

Hi again RSPRO,

We enjoyed your review so much that we printed out all the Dailies and activities. Now we need you to take another one and report on all the other stuff that you did.:D:D:D:D

Thanks again,

Tom

Thank you so much for the kind words. Sometimes when I'm banging away at my keyboard when the rest of the world is asleep, I wonder why I'm doing this - your kind words make it all worth while. Happy Cruising.

Archived