Age restrictions on excursions (celebrity eclipse/private)???

Newbi

I was wondering if anybody know if their is age limitations on booking for excursions???

My child will be 15 months when we do a cruise of soutern caribbean - I know she / we wont be able to do everything but just to get a general idea?? She is to smal for all the babysitting facilities offered by the boat.

We will be 4 adults with her - and i always thought that if we do for instance a snorkeling trip - that we could go with and hubby and I could share time with her on the boat (not always possible I know) - it probably depends on the size of the excursion and boat ect?

On shore exursions??

Anybody that can offer some advice - please???

We were on Eclipse with our son, who was 4 at the time. I may be wrong, but I believe Celebrity (and I assume the other cruise lines) posts a minimum age for each excursion. The private excursions may have different requirements, of course.

Personally, I would not take a toddler on a snorkeling excursion. Even with your idea of taking turns on the boat, a toddler generally needs to move a lot, needs things like food brought along, and might at some point have a tough time and need to be taken out of the situation. That would be a problem on a group excursion. You could maybe hire a boat and guide for a private snorkeling trip. That way, you could bring your child back to the ship if necessary.

As for the other excursions, I think it depends on the child and the length of the tour. When my son was a toddler, I would not have chosen any excursion that lasted longer than two or three hours-- tops. Beach excursions are probably a safe bet.

A good option is getting a cab and heading out on your own, a private tour, or just walking around near the cruise terminal. Another idea is leaving your child on the ship with one or two of the adults who are traveling with you or switching off with your DH for the shore excursions.

Archived