How old were you when you took your first cruise?

Bridge Maven

How old were you when you took your first cruise  

347 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when you took your first cruise

• Under age 10
    • 10 to 20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61-70
    • 71-80
    • 81-90
    • 91-100

I was 19, took river cruise in France with the family...then this last November, at 20 years old I went to visit my boyfriend who played piano on the Celebrity Silhouette up until December.

He starts a contract with Azamara on Sunday, so hopefully I will be able to visit him during his contract and take another little cruise :)

So fun!

A few people, who had parents in the service, indicated that they took a ship to be transported when they were growing up. What were those ships like?

I am curious because my father served in the US Navy during World War II, and was a Captain in the US Navy Reserve after World War II, but I have never been on one of those ships.

What a coincidence. Was just thinking about my first "cruise" on another msg board relating to sea sickness. I was an AF brat and traveled on the Simon B. Buckner from Seattle to Yokohama when I was 11 yrs old. Two weeks on the ship and several days of severe sea sickness. Those old transport ships rocked and rolled, believe me. Two years in Nagoya Japan and returned on the ....something .... something ....Roosevelt. Broke records coming back to Seattle in 10 days. Families on board were treated very nice.....little parties for the kids, etc. It was all very exciting with memories I'll never forget. The troops down below didn't have it so good tho.

I was 6 months old when I took my first cruise. My grandpa was an avid cruiser and my dad was going on cruises because of that. I was just about the youngest age allowed on a ship.

2525605280103766788S600x600Q85.jpg

2514898890103766788S600x600Q85.jpg

Here is a couple photos I scanned from my first cruise.

LOL! But do you remember you first cruise? You look a little scarred with that officer-maybe he looked scary with that beard to you. You were a cutie though!

LOL! But do you remember you first cruise? You look a little scarred with that officer-maybe he looked scary with that beard to you. You were a cutie though!

No, I don't remember my first cruise. The first cruise I remember is when I was 4 years old (on Majesty of the Seas). I do have pictures though to look back when I was under 4. :) I was lucky to be going so young since my grandparents were into cruising. I was the youngest that was allowed on the ship at the time.

Archived