1/2 day sail to Honeymoon Beach??

CariBear

Caribear... Do Honeymoon on your own and save some $$$. Take a taxi over to Red Hook (around 15 mins. and $8pp each way), the ferry to Cruz Bay (around 20 mins. and $3pp each way), and then a nice, easy FREE 25 minute hike over to Honeymoon and stay as long as you like!

CariBear... The trail is easy to find. After you get off the ferry in Cruz Bay, turn left and go to the National Park office (large building, clearly marked) and ask them where the trail begins. It starts just across the street from the NP office, and there are markers on the trail. The beginning and end of the trail are a little steep, and can be a little slick if its rained recently. The rest is mostly level and easy, about half-and-half areas of shade/sun. A 3-year-old... Hmmm. You might need to carry him/her on the steeper parts of the trail, so I guess it depends on how much other gear you have to take. You can also take a taxi over to Caneel Bay Resort and hike back to Honeymoon. I think that's supposed to be a little shorter and more level, though I've never done that myself. (Maybe Islander or someone else can comment on that...) Make sure you take some water (there are no facilities at Honeymoon) and your snorkel gear. There is pretty good snorkeling around the rocks that divide Honeymoon and Salomon Bays. St. John is a beautiful place!! Have a great time!

Archived