Excursions...don't know what to do...help!!!!

Family,

I think its an excellent balance and hope you have a wonderful time and great weather.

Stephenandrew made a valuable suggestion about the BB Motu. He said be sure to stay there at the end to enjoy the beginning of the sun set and also to enjoy the place with fewer people. My own fondness of the place derives from the time when few went there as there were no facilities and it was my private heaven so to speak. Hope you have a wonderful time there. I had wanted to have my wedding anniversary celeb there but they couldnt do it last year - I think when I have another celebration I will ask for it again.

Family,

I think its an excellent balance and hope you have a wonderful time and great weather.

Stephenandrew made a valuable suggestion about the BB Motu. He said be sure to stay there at the end to enjoy the beginning of the sun set and also to enjoy the place with fewer people. My own fondness of the place derives from the time when few went there as there were no facilities and it was my private heaven so to speak. Hope you have a wonderful time there. I had wanted to have my wedding anniversary celeb there but they couldnt do it last year - I think when I have another celebration I will ask for it again.

Thanks Emdee, your advice, Wendy's and others was really helpful, I feel like I got a great idea about what was available and could make informed choices!

I added his suggestion to my " tip" sheet;) Actually, that time of day is my absolute favorite time of day on the beach. At my own Maine beach, I get all the things I need or want to do, done, then head out to sit in my chair after 2 or 3 pm, the sun is less strong and I stay many evenings till the sun gets very low across the water (we are blessed with a southwest facing beach!). I don't usually wait for sunset, as far north as we are that might not happen till 8 or 9 PM:eek: I love that low light.

We may go over to the BB motu both afternoons after lunch, so we will likely be there till they announce "last tender":p

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Very informative forums here. Trying to plan our trip, a little last minute. Silly question, but does PG have it's own motu at every port or do we have to book an excursion at each place because otherwise we will have nothing to do?

thanks and happy planning!

PG has a Motu at Bora Bora and one on Motu Mahana.

Though I love the BB Motu would suggest you do the 4x4 as the views are wonderful.

Moorea - you can rent a car quite reasonably and see the whole island - up to the Belvedere look out and if you dont want to pay for the Hilton ( $70 day use) then suggest you stop off at Temae Beach and enjoy the free beach - has washrooms too.

Snorkelling is better at the HIlton though and ship will give you snorkel and fins to use for the duration.

Thanks for the info!

We are actually staying at the hilton moorea after the cruise and I'm very excited about the snorkeling!!

I was wondering how we should do belvedere? was thinking of renting a car when we finished the cruise and hoping to pick up some food etc to keep with us in the room. Would you suggest doing that or renting the car while one the cruise and forgoing the pick up of food etc.

I also had a question about the PG Coral Garden Drift Snorkeling (Raiatea). I haven't snorkeled in years and my husband has never done it. It says its for experienced snorkelers and I didn't know if it was a good idea for us. Nothing else on Raiatea for PG is calling to me. I wasn't sure if anyone else had another suggestion for us or if that would be ok for us even though we are not experienced? I don't want either of us getting cut up at the very beginning of our trip and ruining our time.

thanks!!!

Wendy suggests the boat trip up the Fairoa river - I havent done it but she is a regular and has done it twice. I will do it next time.

I would rent the car when I am on the cruise. When you are on the dock find out if Teva is there - is he is and if you dont have transfers on your return to the Hilton ask him to pick you up from the ferry/airport and to take you to a supermarket for a bit of shopping before dropping you off at the HIlton. If you hve transfers ask your driver to do so. There is a good supermarket in Maharepa with wine and food meats cheeses etc.

When you are in the hotel you will want to enjoy the facilities.

One caution about staying on the motus until sunset. Believe me, that is when the no see-ums come out in force! We have found that on other beaches we have visited as well - when the sun sets, the winged critters feast - on you! Once on Cozumel, we were having such a lovely time, and then when the sun hit for horizon - watch out! Of course, you could slather yourselves with insect repellant, but if you are going in and out of the water, it may wash off.

It's very nice, I taken it about 4 times. Everytime we've taken it there are always a few people who get cut up. Your call but youv'e been warned so if you do listen to the tour guide and do exactly what they tell you. Most people get cut right at the beginning by not getting to the channel initially.

Archived