Helmet Dive

Carlyzmom

We did the helmet dive in Bermuda. It was awesome, so glad we did it. It was a little freaky going into the water, thinking the water would go into the helmet but it don't, but then it was fine. Amazing your head don't get wet, and your walking on the bottom of the water. Our guide had food to bring the fish to us & he pointed out different things. There was a long tube thingy we held on to so no one drifted off. I'm sure they are all pretty similar on each island. You will enjoy it.

We did the helmet dive in Bermuda too..............very fun experience. At first we were a little nervous about getting in the water but really enjoyed it. I wore a wetsuit and was glad I did as the water there got a little chilly while we were down. DS wishes he had too because he was cold by the time we came up. Probably not a problem in the Caribbean though.

We did this a few weeks ago in Grand Cayman. It was an awesome experience. They took us out to a dive boat. There were only 9 people in our group and the guides were great. You go down a ladder about 30 feet to the bottom. They have divers down there to make sure everyone is doing ok. I must admit it was a little scary going down that ladder but they have a diver right beside you the whole time. I would be glad to answer any questions you might have. :)

We did this a few weeks ago in Grand Cayman. It was an awesome experience. They took us out to a dive boat. There were only 9 people in our group and the guides were great. You go down a ladder about 30 feet to the bottom. They have divers down there to make sure everyone is doing ok. I must admit it was a little scary going down that ladder but they have a diver right beside you the whole time. I would be glad to answer any questions you might have. :)

Awesome! Thank you. I am a little worried about feeling claustrophobic, but I really want to do this! I am wondering how the helmets fit - and how water doesn't get in there!

Awesome! Thank you. I am a little worried about feeling claustrophobic, but I really want to do this! I am wondering how the helmets fit - and how water doesn't get in there!

The helmet is very heavy, about 75 pounds. They do not put it on your head until you are on the ladder and about to go under water. They said it would feel like 15 pounds when you were under water. It was not bad at all. My shoulders were a little sore the next day but I am small. My husband did not have any soreness.

Don't worry about water coming into the helmet. It is just like a glass that you turn upside down and place in water. I felt like it was very safe. If at any time you feel uncomfortable they will take you back to the top. They were constantly checking to make sure everyone was doing ok. We had a child in our group and he had a blast. :)

The helmet is very heavy, about 75 pounds. They do not put it on your head until you are on the ladder and about to go under water. They said it would feel like 15 pounds when you were under water. It was not bad at all. My shoulders were a little sore the next day but I am small. My husband did not have any soreness.

Don't worry about water coming into the helmet. It is just like a glass that you turn upside down and place in water. I felt like it was very safe. If at any time you feel uncomfortable they will take you back to the top. They were constantly checking to make sure everyone was doing ok. We had a child in our group and he had a blast. :)

Thank you so much! I am so glad I found someone with some insight! My kids are very excited. They are 11 and 8 1/2. Should be a memorable experience!!

Thank you so much! I am so glad I found someone with some insight! My kids are very excited. They are 11 and 8 1/2. Should be a memorable experience!!

I think they will have a great time. Don't forget to take an underwater camera because you will see lots of fish. They do pour fish food into your hands so you will have a lot of photo opportunities. We just took a cheap disposable and they still turned out really good. You might want to talk to your kids about clearing their ears because you will have pressure changes. Not a big deal but might not hurt to practice ahead of time. Have fun!!

Who did you book through? We want to do this excursion in July, but don't really want to book through the cruise line. I haven't seen any 3rd party touring companies who offer it.

We had no choice but to book through Carnival. They have a contract with them and won't let you book direct through them. It's probably $20 more per person, but we really wanted to do it.

Archived