Sunset Grande - Jamaicaforaday?

GJM

Thinking of booking the all inclusive at Sunset Grande. It will be me DH, DS 12 and 2 14 year olds. Is there enough for them to do?

Has anyone just booked thru the hotel or should I book thru Jamaicaforaday?

If we took a taxi is that better then the transfers?

I would love any info -

It is a very nice resort we just came back from NCL Sun and booked ours through Jamaicaforaday.com and it is much cheaper than waiting until you get to the hotel. It was double the price if wait. It's about a five minute drive from the port and the hotel will take you there. It has 5 pools one with a slide so if they like swimming there is lots of that available. All you can eat and drink is included. We had a fantastic time and the staff is wonderful. You will definitely enjoy it. We didn't venture out to the beach rather stayed by the pools but it looked nice and clean. Have fun!

Thank you for the information - I am going to book thru Jamaica for a Day -

I have read about people having problems getting a ride back to the ship, did you have any problems with that?

Thank you for the information - I am going to book thru Jamaica for a Day -

I have read about people having problems getting a ride back to the ship, did you have any problems with that?

They asked us when we would like to go back and we said 4:00 pm but we got there early so we actually took a taxi back which cost us $6.00 for both.

• 2 weeks later...

We just did this tour through Jamaica for a Day including transfers. While the ship tour people are herded off to their busses, we joined a small group by the gate waiting for the private tours. A lady there asked which tour we were on and then called for the bus on her radio. It took maybe 10 minutes for them to arrive. It was just the three of us on the bus with the driver. He gave us a small tour of the city on the way to the resort. At the resort, the Jamaica for a Day agent took us to the cashier where I paid the balance and we got our wrist bands. He then gave us a quick tour of the resort. The pools and beach were very nice and we enjoyed our day there. There were only two negatives. First, the hotel guests had claimed every lounge chair before we got there, even though most of them were never occupied. And second, the water slide was disappointing. Just like the one on the Valor, about halfway down, you are moving very slowly or just stopped. The food and drinks were good. My son did not find anything he wanted in the buffet, so the waitress took him to the burger grill. He got his food there, even though that was not supposed to be included in the day pass. At drop off, we told them when we wanted to return. We were maybe 20 minutes late to the lobby and the bus was waiting out front for us. Again we had a bus to ourselves for the return trip.

Archived