Galley Tour on Allure?

We did one....or was that on Oasis? I can't remember. We were invited as Diamond Plus members. We are typically invited for a tour (galley, theatre, bridge) on every cruise. The loyalty ambassador sends out the invites, so I would check with them.

The concierge handles the suite guests and diamond plus and above behind the scenes tours or at least that was just the case on the Adventure of the seas in February. On our Allure cruise in December, we were only offered a behind the scenes tour which was held in the theatre and we didn't get to see any of the stage area as thefts had occurred previously so they were not allowing guests backstage for a while. We were offered a bridge tour but they were holding in when we were in port in st croix and we already had a tour booked. The concierge didn't do a very good job either week of our back to back. He "claimed" he called us the first week to arrange our tours but the only calls we got were from the art auction guy. I brought it to his attention at day three. He was going home at the end of our second week and he was just acting concierge for the person on holiday.

If you are not in a suite and not diamond plus, they do offer a behind the scenes tour with far more offered for 150 a guest. you get to see the engine room also. Sounds really neat but all of the slots were filled right away.

Re: Does anyone know if they do Galley Tours on the Allure and if so how would I sign up? We're taking my 79 year old mother and of all the activities on the ship, this is one thing she said she wants to do and I'd like to make it happen.

The hubby had taken a tour (Behind the Scene tour) which included the tour of the galley. The tour itself was about 3hrs long. The cost was $150 and I would recomment booking them ahead of time. They are only conducted one time during the cruise and there were on ly 30 slots available. This was not advertised so I would check as soon as possible.

I've seen on some of the other threads that this varies about the amount of times the tour is conducted. I hope this helps. :D

Archived