Tampa - Return shuttle to airport (Hampton Inn)

CruiseinNJ

Based on all the good advice I saw on this board, I booked the Hampton Inn in Rocky Point for our upcoming Legend cruise. I see that they provide a return shuttle to the airport after the cruise. What I didn't see any mention of was how long you had to wait for the shuttle. Can anyone give me an idea of how long you had to wait for the shuttle? And do you get a choice of being dropped at the airport vs. going back to the hotel? I know everyone's experience will vary, but want to get an idea of some of these experiences:D

I'm concerned as when we did a park/cruise package out of Baltimore this past September, the hotel did provide a shuttle, but it took over a hour and a half from when we called them (when we got to customs) until they showed up curbside. Had I known this in advance, I would have said the heck with it and gone for a taxi.

Thanks in advance!

You are asking a question that has no answer to it. One day they could be there in 15-20 minutes and the next might take 30 minutes or more. DW and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Rocky Point and it took about 30 minutes for the shuttle to arrive.

OP, we stayed at the Holiday Inn which was directly next door. Their shuttle system seems to work the same way. We had roll call friends that could not get a resv at the Holiday Inn and Stayed at the Hampton. This is how it works.

On the way to the port on embarkation day, the shuttle driver will tell you where the pick-up location is (in the parking garage- shuttle pick up area) and also give everyone a hotel business card with the phone number on it. Put this in a safe place or better yet, load it on your cell phone right away. When you debark from the ship and have your luggage in hand you are to call this number. Chances are that someone else in the Hamption group will have already called and in that case they will just tell you a shuttle is on the way. **** Here is a good tip ---- grab a porter when you get your luggage. He will not only get you through customs in a flash -they have a special line, he will also take all of your bags across the street and take you right to the pick up shuttle area. Definetly worth a few $ tip. ****

Once the shuttle arrives, you hand them your return slip ( you will get this from the hotel when you check-in) The driver will then ask who needs to go to the airport or hotel. The airport is usually the first stop as it is right on the way and only 5 min from the hotel. If you have an early flight, tell the driver and they will make sure you are the first stop.

We have used the Holiday Inn Shuttle twice, the waiting time just depends on if you are the first caller or not. One time we waited less thatn 10 minutes and one time it was not quite 20 minutes.

I realize this is not the exact hotel you are staying at but the systems are very similar.

Good luck

You are asking a question that has no answer to it. One day they could be there in 15-20 minutes and the next might take 30 minutes or more. DW and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Rocky Point and it took about 30 minutes for the shuttle to arrive.

Thank you for your input. I don't think this is an 'unanswerable' question- your experience was 30 minutes. I understand everyone will have a different experience. However, if 10 people respond all with the same general 30 minute range, I can expect APPROXIMATELY 30 minutes is the average wait time, knowing that things happen, traffic, etc., and it is just that - an AVERAGE. If however, 10 people respond and their experience is an hour, I better plan on the average of an hour wait and possibly look into other alternatives.

I am not expecting anyone to be able to tell me it will take exactly xx minutes from phone call to arrival of the shuttle - that is unrealistic, but I do think I can get a general idea of what to expect based on others prior experiences.

OP, we stayed at the Holiday Inn which was directly next door. Their shuttle system seems to work the same way. We had roll call friends that could not get a resv at the Holiday Inn and Stayed at the Hampton. This is how it works.

On the way to the port on embarkation day, the shuttle driver will tell you where the pick-up location is (in the parking garage- shuttle pick up area) and also give everyone a hotel business card with the phone number on it. Put this in a safe place or better yet, load it on your cell phone right away. When you debark from the ship and have your luggage in hand you are to call this number. Chances are that someone else in the Hamption group will have already called and in that case they will just tell you a shuttle is on the way. **** Here is a good tip ---- grab a porter when you get your luggage. He will not only get you through customs in a flash -they have a special line, he will also take all of your bags across the street and take you right to the pick up shuttle area. Definetly worth a few $ tip. ****

Once the shuttle arrives, you hand them your return slip ( you will get this from the hotel when you check-in) The driver will then ask who needs to go to the airport or hotel. The airport is usually the first stop as it is right on the way and only 5 min from the hotel. If you have an early flight, tell the driver and they will make sure you are the first stop.

We have used the Holiday Inn Shuttle twice, the waiting time just depends on if you are the first caller or not. One time we waited less thatn 10 minutes and one time it was not quite 20 minutes.

I realize this is not the exact hotel you are staying at but the systems are very similar.

Good luck

Thank you!!!

Archived