Beverage packages - break even?

geospyder

Curious - for those of you that have purchased beverage packages - have you ever broke even or came out ahead by doing so? We are not big drinkers. On average we had couple glasses of wine each per day and a drink at the shows in the evening. Every other day or so I'd have a beer and also had a few lattes. The reason I ask is that on our last cruise our bill was $605 between the two of us. That also included one night at Qsine ($80) and a $12 purchase at one of the stores. That doesn't even come close to what a package would have cost us.

Since we are Elite it does not pay for us to buy the package. We like a drink before dinner and once in a while a glass of wine before bedtime. we can bring our own wine onboard and use Michael's Club for the before dinner drink.

If we want a mid-morning Bloody Mary, Michael's provides that too.

~Doris~> Who loves the Celebrity Elite perks.

Some days I come out ahead (mostly sea days). Some days I don't "drink my money's worth". Some days I break even. But I still get the Premium package so that if I want something different I can try it and not feel like I SHOULD drink it even if I don't like it. I happen to LOVE the MOLECULAR BAR and those drinks are $12. Just the convenience and not having to worry about my final bill is also worth something to me.

BHT - can I follow you around and drink the ones you don't like? ;)

That was our experience too. Actually, I didn't worry keeping track of whether I got my money'sworth in dollar and cents terms....the ability to order so easily, the great service and the freedom to try different beverages was well worth it regardless. Again, YMMV.

We didnt keep track either until final day when we got the bill and saw all the $0 at the bars YOWZA :eek: lmao!!!

I posted this on a similar thread but thought I'd repost here:

We're recently home from a 12 day Caribbean cruise. Both my husband and I chose to get the premium pkg. We are both coffee drinkers and have never liked the coffee on Celebrity. I drink a lot of water. Prior to this cruise most nights we'd have a martini before dinner and a bottle of wine with dinner.

Oh, and we're elite so we have the elite breakfast and cocktail hour.

We made it to the elite breakfast twice--I'm on vacation, I don't want to hurry to breakfast so we were on the late end. Neither time did anyone offer us special coffee. The cocktail hour(s) is during the time I'm getting dressed so we tend not to go to that. Plus the drinks, while free and I'm grateful for that, are not as good as on the rest of the ship.

The beverage package, for us, was very worth it.

While on the ship we drank, but a lot of it was non-alcoholic. Coffee, water and fresh squeezed juice--yum! We did have occasional beer or wine with lunch and at the pool. Some nights we went to the martini bar, some we didn't. We had our sommelier pair wines with each dinner course. The glass was never empty and I frequently had two glasses going to see what I liked better. We had bottled water with all meals and I never experienced the swelling I usually do on a ship. Many nights we ended dinner with a glass of port.

Would we do the package again? In a heartbeat, especially on a Caribbean or other cruise that (for us) is not very port intensive. A very quick bit of math from our final bill had us at $5.90 per drink, including tips. No hassels with signing checks. In all, for us, a great purchase.

Archived