Explorer FO rooms

Anyone who has stayed in one of the Family Oceanview (FO) rooms on deck 6 or deck 7?

I'm trying to find out what the difference is between the deck 6/7 (6500,6200, 7500,7200) family oceanview and the deck 8/9 (8200, 8500, 9200, 9500) family oceanview rooms on Explorer. I know that the deck 8 ones are 'sideways' but on the deck plan it shows that the deck 8/9 have a sofa bed and 3rd and 4th pullman bed. The deck plan shows the deck 6/7 with a sofa bed and 3rd pullman bed. All of the rooms show a capacity of six guests, and it appears the deck 8 and 9 rooms are a bit larger.

I've been inside the FO rooms on other ships and they have 2 bunk beds (assume this is what they are calling the 3rd and 4th pullman), a sofa bed, and the standard twin beds that make a queen bed. Are the deck 6 & 7 rooms on Explorer somehow different than this?

I called Royal Caribbean and the person I spoke to insisted the rooms are identical (except the sideways part) and did not know why the deck plan showed something different. I realized it might be a typo, but just want to know which room is the best choice between deck 7 and deck 8.

Thanks!

Haven't been in them but we have both FO on deck 8 booked for November they are the largest of the rooms in that category. 8200 has doors on the rooms and an extra window. But as far as beds go they should all have upper and lower bunk/Pullman, sofa bed and then the 2 twins. From the pics I've seen the difference is the bunks are kinda in almost like a closet nook area compared to the 8th level where they have their own actual lil room. If you have the option to get deck 8 go for it as all decks in that category were the same price when we booked so I said heck we will take the 2 biggest.

Haven't been in them but we have both FO on deck 8 booked for November they are the largest of the rooms in that category. 8200 has doors on the rooms and an extra window. But as far as beds go they should all have upper and lower bunk/Pullman, sofa bed and then the 2 twins. From the pics I've seen the difference is the bunks are kinda in almost like a closet nook area compared to the 8th level where they have their own actual lil room. If you have the option to get deck 8 go for it as all decks in that category were the same price when we booked so I said heck we will take the 2 biggest.

We have 8500 booked for June, with five of us. I like that it looked larger than the FO cabins on the other decks that were oriented differently. I was also able to find some pictures of the cabin by doing a search here on Cruise Critic. Someone had links to it. I think it was in one of the "All Things Explorer" threads.

Archived