any help regarding decks on Celebration please

We are looking at the possiblitly of going on the Celebration. What is the best deck out of deck 3 and 4? any help would be great. it looks as though deck 4 is more to the front of ship,so would deck 3 be better if we wanted something nearer to the middle.

My son will be performing on the ship so really hoping we can go:)

thanks all

We are looking at the possibility of going on the Celebration. What is the best deck out of deck 3 and 4? any help would be great. it looks as though deck 4 is more to the front of ship,so would deck 3 be better if we wanted something nearer to the middle.

thanks all

Deck 3 outside cabins have portholes while Deck 4 have windows.

We were in cabin 328 on Deck 4 on the Spirit last year and it was fine so we've booked cabin 324 on Celebration this year because we wanted to be certain of getting Deck 4 and you couldn't book that deck without choosing your cabin. Both ships are near enough identical.

Edited to say: also after the Concordia we wanted to be closer to the lifeboat deck.

You might be interested to know that the Celebration is having alterations done for the beginning of the the summer season. We have booked for early June. We wanted to avoid the L-shape bed layout, which we didn't like on the Destiny so we booked a cabin on Deck 3, which, although shown as L-shaped on the web-site, will be double/twin when the new season starts.

Not sure about there being windows rather than portholes on Deck 4. The Thomson blurb says all standard cabins have portholes.

We stayed on deck 4in cabin 332 it had a picture window, beds in l shape though was very quiet, btw the singers on the ship have cabins right at the front of deck 3, and the dancers are on deck 2 if you want to be near your son

You might be interested to know that the Celebration is having alterations done for the beginning of the the summer season. We have booked for early June. We wanted to avoid the L-shape bed layout, which we didn't like on the Destiny so we booked a cabin on Deck 3, which, although shown as L-shaped on the web-site, will be double/twin when the new season starts.

Not sure about there being windows rather than portholes on Deck 4. The Thomson blurb says all standard cabins have portholes.

Out of interest, when are they doing the alterations? Isn't the Celebration running all the way through the summer now?

We are looking at the possiblitly of going on the Celebration. What is the best deck out of deck 3 and 4? any help would be great. it looks as though deck 4 is more to the front of ship,so would deck 3 be better if we wanted something nearer to the middle.

thanks all

Oh, great - you're going to get to see him perform then?! :):)

Out of interest, when are they doing the alterations? Isn't the Celebration running all the way through the summer now?

We booked in February and Thomsons said that alterations were being done to change the bed configuration of some of the cabins and ours would be done by the beginning of the summer season.

But, as you say the Celebration seems to be working continually into the summer. Not sure how they can manage that but I phoned HQ shortly after we had booked in our local shop (just to make sure) and they confirmed that our cabin's bed set-up was being changed.

We booked in February and Thomsons said that alterations were being done to change the bed configuration of some of the cabins and ours would be done by the beginning of the summer season.

But, as you say the Celebration seems to be working continually into the summer. Not sure how they can manage that but I phoned HQ shortly after we had booked in our local shop (just to make sure) and they confirmed that our cabin's bed set-up was being changed.

This is brilliant news. The worst thing about Celabration/Spiit is the L shaped beds.

Thanks everyone you have been very helpful. Well as my son is a singer and a dancer, not sure which deck he will be on lol. At the moment deck 3 looks favourable, but will have to see. Hoping we will get to see him. The shows sound really good.:)

Is this changing beds from an L configuration or to an L configuration. We have usually had a cabin on deck 8 or 9 and love the size of the cabins. Hope they aren't trying to create extra cabins and reduce current size of cabins.

sweby

Is this changing beds from an L configuration or to an L configuration. We have usually had a cabin on deck 8 or 9 and love the size of the cabins. Hope they aren't trying to create extra cabins and reduce current size of cabins.

sweby

They are changing from "L" to a double as far as our cabin is concerned. This is a copy of an email I had from Thomson's.......

"Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that due to on-going maintenance on-board the Thomson Celebration, the bed configurations of some cabins is changing. Cabin 464 will now have a double bed from the start of our Summer season, so when you arrive on-board in June as advised the beds will be in this new configuration. I I hope this clarifies the situation, if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

Cruise ‘Contact Us’ Team"

Check out previous posts regarding cabins. The ones nearer the rear on deck 3 experience a lot of vibration noise. When we booked we heeded the advice and booked the middle on deck 3 and it was great, also near the free launderette:)

Archived